My logo, whaddaya think

Thanks so much for your comments guys, decided at last to drop the circles before I get lynched!! I guess if I decide to give up on this yes the middle one will do, thank you!! However I have decided to try and do more, got in a really, really bad mood but eventually came up with this, I think it's better. Have also put the louise harrison design bit in different positions but just attached one for first impressions... Not added colour yet, have drawn it fairly roughly and it needs tidying up, but here it is anyway in its most basic form! Thanks for any comments and thanks for the support.

Attachments

• Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 15
Here are some colours, kind of pewter and lime. Logo tidied up now.

Attachments

• Picture 14.jpg
    Picture 14.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 16.png
    Picture 16.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 17
I would advise on consolidating your name visually and leave the graphics as a secondary area.
If you're starting off then establish your name not your logo. As I keep saying - never put Design in front of Communication ( C comes before D). Keep it Simple!
The last design, while interesting, is too design - I don't get to the name.
Do you need a logo? What is it achieving? Is it design for design sake. Does it make a connection?
A business card is not for you - it's for a potential client. Think about your audience, what information do they need to receive, what impression will they take from that card.
Design is problem solving. First identify the problem and then the objectives. And keep it simple

Our friendly bear is back :p

As to the new logo - it reminds me of a logo but for the life of me I can't remember what it is.... pretty sure it's to do with home furnishings though...

Righto, I guess that's not a good thing then. Here's a text only one.
You probably get this but supposed to read Louise Harrison is.. can change design to whatever I need to communicate, 2 screaming children, better stop now
"Louise Harrison is" having a slight nervous breakdown...

Attachments

• Picture 23.jpg
    Picture 23.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 15
no it's not them, they're closer to the bubble logo, I'm thinking about the LH one 2 posts up...
thanks anyways

it's going to bug me as it's very very similar...

louiseh said:
And here's previous with different colours
I like this one the most... Seems more balanced than the first one. The flames-logo seems less serious for a branding-business. The only thing I have to say about this one is that it feels a bit "weak" Thin letters etc. Maybe you can try to get some more punch into it if you understand what I mean...

I was refering to post 12... Sorry about that. I am new to the forum and thought that the reply would come underneath the post i answered to.

Thanks for that, think I may well go with that after all, too much time on a logo, time to just pick one and get on with it! I guess I can tweak and change it as I get better at this. Wishing I had some agency experience, think it would have been more useful than the in-house awfulness I have been churning out! Thanks to everyone who has commented on this, its been really helpful.

i think it would be a real shame louise to just settle on what u have done so far, this thread is really helping you push your self branding further so you will end up with something better than 'just ok'. It is tough but you are making progress. If your own branding isnt 100% how can you expect to attract clients if it looks like you just settle for any old design?

You may not have actual agency experience, but this forum is a very close second to the experience you will gain from a studio job. It is full of people giving you good feedback/critique, others sharing ideas and suggesting improvements and even those more experienced designers sharing their knowledge with you. Make the most of it, its really valuable stuff!

I know and I am grateful to people for giving their time and experience. Just getting a bit twitchy because I need to get earning! Ok then another one. Have kept it simple. Could be used in rows for effect on back of business card etc.. Have done with with little stars but probably a bit cutesy!

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    17 KB · Views: 25
hi louise, I like that first option best, the stars maybe are a little cutesy! Im not the biggest fan of logos repeated in rows but thats probably more my opinion than anything else!

i would definitely spend some time working on the first option you showed us though. Its simple, clean, clear and we know exactly who you are and what you do. Have you played around with various fonts?

Ht louise!, first of all i'm having the same experience, designing my own logo, (soon i'll be posting it too), and i'm using the Diavlo font, like your first's ones!
my opinion... the first one of the last post like the guys here said, clean, and right!
keep working hard!, you are really good!

yes yes, I like the first one too (of the last three), well done for sticking with it.

Cool thread, good to see it develop :up:

Same here, 1st one of the most recent three. The stars on the 3rd one are a bit too much I think. Looks like you've found a winner.

Ditch the stars and the repetition, ie. the first one and start applying it to your website, stationery and anything else! Get your portfolio up and get working!!

Back