Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My local Prontaprint has just shut

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

My local Prontaprint has just shut this week, along with a franchise. Not surprised though, large expensive premises in prime locations and unfortunately charging expensive prices to customers to pay for it.

Take a read of this on my blog:
    Local print companies! | Printing Blog | Print Design Blog > By Stationery Direct

Businesses are finally starting to realise that they can now get much better prices online without compromising on service and quality. This along with the current recession seems to have been too much for the above companies.

Come at the right time though, just about to leaflet my local area :icon_biggrin:
  2. neildigital

neildigital Member

So anyone in that area wishing some short run digital print, give me a shout!!!!

Hee hee hee
  3. Stationery Direct

:icon_thumbdown: :icon_biggrin:
  4. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Thats good news for you there Damon. Shame for the folk that will be out of work though. are damned expensive.
  5. Stationery Direct

Yep true, all I could see was the pound signs :icon_smile:
  6. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

What a domain though,
  7. Us onliners will always give the shop fronts a decent run for there money.

Always surf for a price, you'll be amazed whats out there.

8. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

The trick is to be a success online and offline. It's all about reputation.

We get a vast amount of client referal business. Currently average 2 - 3 new clients every day. Growing like topsy. 90% B2B. Geography knows no bounds.

9. justanotherdesigner

justanotherdesigner New Member

more prontaprint closures

Hi all

New to the forum so be gentle with me.... ;-)

Thought I'd add to the discussion.

Word has it that Prontaprint Ltd are in trouble financially: the share price of their owners (Boundary plc) has plummeted in the last few months.

Take a look at this link for more details:

BOUNDARY CAPITAL Discussion BCP BCP.L - Interactive Investor

The franchised stores are closing in droves and the same is happening with Kall-Kwik centres.

Not sure if franchised print shops are the way forward!

Have a good weekend!