Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'My Life as a Cartoon' - A graphic design comic strip

Discussion in 'Illustration Forum:' started by Ken Reynolds, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Ken Reynolds

Ken Reynolds Member

Hi all,
    A few of you might be familiar with me and my work from other places on the internet, but I wanted to start a thread introducing my webcomic / comic strip to those that have never heard of it. That will be plenty of you I'm sure.

Back in 2009 I re-designed my website and started taking my freelancing a little more seriously. Of course I included a blog before realising I had very little content to sustain it.
    As a bit of filler I started making semi-autobiographical comic strips about me, my then girlfriend (now wife) and how my job affected me/us and the challenges that are presented both by being a designer and living with one.

Roll on about three years and I've just posted #64 and self-published a book collecting the first 50 through Lulu.
    All of the comics are available to view on my blog, and they always will be.

I always appreciate feedback, of any sort, so if this sounds like something that might interest you please take a look.

Browsing the Category My Life as a Cartoon

I know I said it was semi-autobiographical, but it's mostly funny.

2. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Hi Ken - welcome- another local face!

I've just had a quick look at My life as a cartoon... wonderful I shall have to bookmark it and read more. 'White space' *sigh* needs to show that to a (hopefully) new client!

3. Cartoon 61 gets my vote, how many times can we all relate to this??

4. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Brilliant. Many thanks. Will bookmark also.

5. Ken Reynolds

Ken Reynolds Member

Thanks for all your kind feedback.
    #61 was a good one. I try to put a bit of design theory in here and there. I'm trying to figure out a good negative space gag for a future strip.

I also like making strips that I know my wife will never 'get' as it's so design specific. :)

6. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

No 58 rings a few bells lol, very good indeed.