Moo.com

awww more praise from Berry....thank you!

We can do multiple names (up to 20 on the website, but can easily do more if you email for a quote), and these can be flipped and instead be the same name and multiple different designs.

It's a bit strange that they have cut one side of you artwork correctly and the other side wrong. The thing is with type etc that goes right to the edge of the card, is that they also need bleed on them or you run the risk of getting a tiny border around the edge where the cutting hasn't been totally accurate.

Could you extend the letters at the edge into the bleed as well? The P, B, L and E? That's what i would have said if you'd sent the artwork to us.

Hope this helps?

Oh and if you wanted to try us out, we have a run going on tonight, so you could have them Thursday. 250 are £36 + vat.

printedeasy said:
awww more praise from Berry....thank you!

We can do multiple names (up to 20 on the website, but can easily do more if you email for a quote), and these can be flipped and instead be the same name and multiple different designs.

It's a bit strange that they have cut one side of you artwork correctly and the other side wrong. The thing is with type etc that goes right to the edge of the card, is that they also need bleed on them or you run the risk of getting a tiny border around the edge where the cutting hasn't been totally accurate.

Could you extend the letters at the edge into the bleed as well? The P, B, L and E? That's what i would have said if you'd sent the artwork to us.

Hope this helps?

Oh and if you wanted to try us out, we have a run going on tonight, so you could have them Thursday. 250 are £36 + vat.

Hey thanks for the info.
Im a bit strapped for cash at the moment sow ill probably take advantage of this free coupon I have for moo, but next time I or my boyfriend needs anything printed, we will be knocking on your door, for sure! :)

Still not sure how i'm going to redo these designs for moo though. So do I need to add 2mm bleed to each side of my design that is currently in the red trim area, so that it is 2mm into the bleed?
:confused:

Why is Berry frustrated? Does he not like Moo or something?

Rather than calling it a safe area, they should have this template instead

nm75nyo.jpg

You have set your artwork up correctly, but they have trimmed to the degree of (in)accuracy that they promised too by not trimming anything off in the 'safe area'. It's a bit hit and miss and unfortunately they could have by chance got them spot on on another day.

It's a shame that some companies don't even take a second look at how a job is finished compared to the artwork submitted as it's pretty obvious what you wanted.

we always require 3mm bleed on each edge when you have a background that goes right to the edge.
You want the writing to go right to the edge, so to stop them giving you a border at the top again like they did last time, you need to extend those 4 letters into the 2mm bleed area as well. That way they can cut into it and it won't be possible for a black border to appear.

Hope that makes sense :(

Sarah, question time, the reason I liked moocards, is because of the size, do you just print standard business cards or have you got something more interesting?

We can do any size you want! On the site the standard size is 85x55mm, but if you scroll down you can pay an extra £15 for a non-standard size, that can be within 12mm of the 85x55mm size.

if this is still no good, we can do a bespoke quote for anything! What size were you thinking? I've seen the moo cards before but can't remember their exact size. We did some pretty nice sized ones the other day, could send you a sample if you want?

The mini cards are err roughly 75mmx32mm or so, they make perfect price-tag sizes for my sister's bridles.

Whack them in the hole punch and stick a small bit of ribbon on and they look fab. But being able to buy a larger quantity would be nice ><

You have gone too close to the artwork edge on your layout.

They very rarely trim far into the bleed so I would say leave at least a 2mm safe zone inside the red line for text I would only really extend graphics/background up to or inside bleed area.

(sorry didnt see 4 pages of replies)

I have just received my sample pack from printedeasy.com...

WOW - Very impressive and so excited about all the little bits and bobs! Love it!

Thank you x

HippySunshine said:
I have just received my sample pack from printedeasy.com...

WOW - Very impressive and so excited about all the little bits and bobs! Love it!

Thank you x

lol I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who got a bit excited by the package

sorry to bust in on the thread - but since everyone's rejoicing about the printedeasy sample pack, i thought i'd join - yay!!!

however, i'm wondering if it's just me, but the business card i got with the rounded corners, wasn't really rounded. It was quite jagged. Was this just mine? Hope Sarah could shed some light as i'm thinking about getting some printed and that was my only quandary :)

yeah, mine too! in fact, thinking about it, ALL of the pack was a bit rubbish!

what was that sarah? a free voucher?

well, if you insist ;)

Hey, watch this space for the 2010 calendar..we just need to design it..

As for the rounded corner business cards. Arghh yeah i think some of them are a bit dodgy which is really annoying. Basically we had to do like 5,000 sample packs in a few weeks because we gave them all out at an exhibition. The rounded corners are done by hand rather than diecut and because we had loads of people working on it at the same time to get them done in time, quality control got a bit lost. And there seems to be a few select people here that are AMAZING at doing them, and some of the people we had got in to do the sample pack were not that great.

You'll be happy to know that we only let the amazing guys do them now, but it's unfortunate that some in the sample pack are bad. I might take them out actually. mmmmm.

If anyone wants any recent samples of some we've done i'd be happy to send some to put your mind at rest :)

As for you Tim - :cry:

Back