Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Word letterhead...

Discussion in 'Tenders & Services Required Forum:' started by Jamieclock, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Jamieclock

Jamieclock New Member

Hi

Before you say anything, I know, I know!!!! Microsoft Word is pants!
    Anyway, I'm a graphic designer and use CS suite for my layout work. I recently designed a letterhead for a client of mine who now wants the same design on a Microsoft Word document so he can email documents to customers...
    Does anyone know Microsoft Word enough to do this for me? I know it's not a big job, but I never use the package.

I have 2x letterheads that need doing.

I'd appreciate if you could email me with a price

Many thanks

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Can't you just save the images in high res and pop them in the header and footer of word as embedded images?

EDIT: Sorry just read that you don't use Word, I think it's pretty easy to do although I don't use Word either, sorry.

3. Toppers

Toppers Member

When we deal with the same issue we advise our clients the following:

We show the client how to produce a pdf of their word document and then how to embed the letterhead design as a background layer via Adobe Acrobat. This way the letterhead design appears as it should!

I hope that this helps.

4. Inktelligence

Inktelligence New Member

Hi Jamie

I was asked for the samething a few weeks ago, its easy enough.

Save your design as a jpeg & insert the image into word.

Scale to the correct size & send to the image to the back.

Create a new text box over the Letterhead design & start typing.

Job done.

Wayne
    Inktelligence

5. Letterheadache

Hi Guys,

I have created my letterhead design in illustrator cs3 but cannot for the life of me get it into a word document for my client without loosing its quality. I have tried inserting into the header as a emf, pdf and ai file but the quality from the vector illustration just diasappears.

This is just a really simple design logo top left corner and the address top right, what am i doing wrong?????

Any help is truly appreciated...

6. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

As the others said, you need to save it out as a jpeg, 300dpi, 210mm wide, including the white space. At least that's the method I like - it fixes everything on the page and stops them fiddling. Then insert it into the header.