Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magazines

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Timmo, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Timmo

Timmo Member

Do any of you buy design magazines frequently? If so which ones and which are good and which aren't so good?

2. Steve

Steve Member

I've started getting Computer Arts - glad its only once a month as its £6 but has some great information in it.

3. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

I stand and read them in WH Smiths and save myself £6 :)

4. Steve

Steve Member

:icon_lol: I do that too till the security guard starts looking as if to say this ain't a library - so I go and buy it

5. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

I'll buy it if there is something which would good reference material, but most of the time £6 just isn't justifiable :)

I subscribe to Before & After (the PDF version)

You get some brilliant stuff from there.

6. Ben Ja Min

Ben Ja Min Member

I am a big fan of Computer Arts - It helps that the office has a subscription and i get to read it for free

7. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Ah, I thought that was free then :(.

Being reasonably skint and quite stingy with expenditure If anyone has any free emags or blogs worth subscribing to then let me know :icon_biggrin:

8. Ben Ja Min

Ben Ja Min Member

yeah ditto! That before and after looks good - the only problem is that I hate joining halfway through and would feel very tempted to buy the whole lot - something which my bank balance would not appreciate.

9. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

If you subscribe to before & after you get access to download the whole back catalogue of articles.

EDIT

Scrap the above. they have obviously changed it since I started subscribing as you now have to buy back issues. I suppose when i joined there were only 9 back issues so they didn't see that as too bad giving it away for free.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009