Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for crit on logo designs.

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by theking79, Mar 18, 2009.

1. theking79

theking79 Member

Hi, I am looking for some advice on these logo designs, they are for my final major project at college, I am rebranding a fictional TV/Radio company called TRN. The company will be aimed at people around the age of 20-50.

[​IMG]

2. pangolin

pangolin Member

I'm not an expert but my personal favourite is the blue/white TV/radio shaped logo - it gives an idea of what the company does, and the white looks better with that shade of blue than the black. It might look nicer with a shade of grey instead of black if you did want a darker colour on the inside?

3. jHouse

jHouse Senior Member

Take a look at these ideas for a Radio Station a friend of mine had.
    [​IMG]

Try and be more creative.

4. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Out of context, middle col, third down.

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Ditto. (10 characters)

6. AaronMoody

AaronMoody Member

i personaly like the 2nd down in first collum, the dark blue circle.

7. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Same, it's mainly the colourscheme that does it for me but it seems to work.

8. clord

clord Member

\

I third that. In regard to jHouse: you could be more creative, but look at the most popular t.v idents. BBC, Channel 4 etc. Their actual logo doesn't really signify their actual function. As important as the logo design is, I guess you could be more creative with the art direction.

9. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

I personally think it's best to keep things simple. If it's going to be put up in the top corner of the screen (aka Five [I think they do this]) then simplicity rules. As Clord has said, BBC, ITV & Channel 4 all have simplistic logo's, Ch4 being the most complex.

[​IMG]

10. jHouse

jHouse Senior Member

Oh sorry! I misread the post. Thought it was just for a radio. Even though, what you guys are saying is true!

11. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

No worries J, I like those Queens Radio logo's a lot, very nice.