Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo & Web Design Critique

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by AnnaB, Jul 2, 2016.

1. AnnaB

AnnaB New Member

Please check the website design and logo design of this website ResumeWritingLab, what do you think?

resume writing lab.png
  2. AnnaB

AnnaB New Member

Guys, I'll be glad to know your opinion, as it's very important for me and my company!
  3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Is it supposed to be a pen nib or something on the left?
  4. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

I presume you're not from the uk, but it just looks wrong without the accent on the e. It's a different
    word if it doesn't have the accent. 'Resume writing' means start writing again.

As for the logo, the nib (if that's what it is) is a bit indistinct. I think 'Writing' would be better in just
    the dark blue without the box.
  5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

My first thought was the pencil is upside down, implying a mistake that's being erased. I'd also lose the dots and drop the box from behind 'Writing' and reduce the spacing between the words. And you definitely need that accent – résumé
  6. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

7. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

I'm afraid I can't un see a fork wrestling with the last potato wedge and a couple of peas… But do put the accent on the e and resume designing.
    @GCarlD and Stationery Direct like this.
  8. Quickandeasy

Quickandeasy Junior Member

I agree with @Paul Murray that the upside down pencil implies "a mistake".

I do really like the website though.