Logo resizing niggles

Smelly21

Hello there

I am new to the forum and wonder if anyone can help me solve this annoying little problem. I work for a small company with very little money and I try to keep the branding on track. Only problem is that other employees are constantly importing the company logo into packages like Word, Powerpoint and Excel and resizing it. However, instead of using the corner tags to resize they will use the vertical or horizontal tags and completely mess up the proportions. Is there a way of saving the image in Photoshop or Illustrator which constrains the proportions permanently so my darling colleagues can't mess it up?:icon_Wall:

Any help will be very gratefully received

I’m not sure you can do this, but what you could do is setup Word, Powerpoint and Excel templates with the logo already in and lock it in these (not too sure of this either - I try and avoid M$ Office).

Do you have any guidelines? Needn't be anything too in depth by the sounds of it but perhaps a page with examples of correct and incorrect use and how to achieve it might help get your message across.

I have given out guidelines as you suggest and set up templates and that did help stop some of it happening but not all unfortunately.

I had a feeling that there might not be a way of permanently constraining but it was worth asking the question!

You could offer a selection of set sizes in different resolutions for different uses, that way they won't need to re-size anything.

I have given out guidelines as you suggest and set up templates and that did help stop some of it happening but not all unfortunately.

I had a feeling that there might not be a way of permanently constraining but it was worth asking the question!

Hey Smelly! (why would you choose to call yourself that...hehe)

You've done about all you can do and tt seems to be a management issue as far I'm concerned...and I'm guessing that's not your area?

If people have access to the images they will always be able to resize them in Word etc.
- Stop them from having access to the images - folder permissions
- Templates set to read only so adjustments can not be made to them

Don't give anyone design guidelines unless they have permission to access the images or make changes to the templates

If anyone is found to be using things that haven't been approved by whoever looks after it (YOU) then they get whatever they get for not following company policy.

If management don't share your concern for how people are using marketing\branding material after you have explained your concerns I'd suggest letting it go coz you will be bashing your head against a wall...

The above just about covers it. If management share your concerns, you/they ought to make the importance of following the guidelines clear to anyone using the logo.

Back