Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Feedback Jean Picard

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Athos, May 21, 2016.

1. Athos

Athos Member

Hi guy's,

long time no see! Today I want your feedback on a new little piece of work. A logo for a fictive construction company called John Picard construction. Let me know what you think about it ;)

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

You've spelt John wrong, it should be Jean :p

Reference to Jean Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise D and E
  3. Athos

Athos Member

4. Athos

Athos Member

@Levi : Better for you? :p

5. Awasb

Awasb New Member

This is awesome! I think you did a perfect job blending the letters J and P on the building. In my opinion, its more than perfect :)
  6. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Nice, you'll probably lose those railings when it's scaled down though.

I'm nitpicking here but those two shadow triangles should be touching, shading doesn't work this way in real life.

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 10.28.05.png
  7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

That's better as Jean :p

I'm going to be a little more nitpicky than Paul... the alignment of those steps is a little to the 'right', it needs to move to the 'left' and fall in line with the door part. Steps normally fall inline with the door rather than being offset like yours are.
  8. Athos

Athos Member

@Paul Murray & @Levi : Thanks for this great feedbacks guy's! Steps are now in line with the door and I fixed the shadow effect too.

@GCarlD likes this.
  9. Athos

Athos Member

Then finally, build something around business card model :

10. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Nice, though that font size looks tiny in that mock up ;)
  11. Athos

Athos Member

I also make this version but not sure about it...

12. Athos

Athos Member

The first one doesn't work for print (too much colors,details etc..) so, here some new tests! Which one is the most interesting for you?
    ash likes this.
  13. Athos

Athos Member

@CLHB ; First thanks! Everything was made from scratch using Illustrator.

You're right!
  14. Vanessa

Vanessa Member

Nice! I like the 1st one on 2nd row (when stairs back in line ans JE..A..N sorted).

I'd say the 2nd business card, with the bricks dotted around, looks a bit cluttered and random - if you're going to incorporate the bricks, maybe just having some at the bottom, so don't detract from the logo (but I think 1st ones are better without as if got bricks on the back not really needed front too?).