Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

logo design critique please

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Dumb_pencil, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

1st post. So please be nice.

Was not intending on posting on here as I'm not expecting the best of responses as I'm still working on the design, just hoping for some helpful input/ideas.

Thanks, Ben

2. CTL Designs

CTL Designs Member

OK ideas! Reminds me alot of these guys DUB Magazine: Car Culture

Did you go straight to screen? Or did you do the old school pen to paper first and then develop from there?

3. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

Yeah, I skipped the sketching part as I have been busy and had a few idea's I wanted to play around with.

I know whatever I do I will be happy with for 5 mins and then want to change! :icon_rolleyes:
  4. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

What is your target audience?

5. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

The name feels dates and a bit tacky in my opinion. I would have a re-think it reminds me of a cake shop from years ago when I was a kid called 'Buns By Betty'.
  6. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Of those you have, top left is the strongest but even that could stand a fair bit of refinement.
  7. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

The logo hasn't really got a target audience as its has to look professional to everyone.

I've had a change in plans.

The logo will have the d and b together making a sort of symbol "db" then Im looking to have Ben next to it or close.

I do take on board that the name is weak I have often thought about changing it, instead I am trying to work around it with the logo being the letters D B B.

Suggestions still welcome.
  8. tom thurs

tom thurs Member

Why not just call it design ben or ben design and have the "db" or "bd" as the basis for the logo. You could call it design by ben and just drop the "by" from the logo and have "design by ben" in text but not part of the logo
  9. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

My domain name has the words "design by ben".

I wanted the logo to link to that, but in theory your right, it doesn't need two B's. I could keep it short n sweet, with the logo "db" and then text bellow. (THANK YOU) I will show a post up a few sketches soon.
  10. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

Few rough sketches. The green dots are next to the ones I'm thinking of taking forwarded and playing with in illustrator. Opinions wellcome.

11. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

The one that didn't show up. Pretty poor, but just experimenting with idea's.

12. tom thurs

tom thurs Member

Liking it, I'd say the second page is the best, have you got any mock ups?
  13. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

I've seen a few with 'db' initials and they all just put them backed up against each other and really close together, such as ...which in my twisted mind symbolises some bollocks and a dick or scissors lol...just steer clear of that :icon_smile:
  14. tom thurs

tom thurs Member

15. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

ha ha!

I didn't dare show some of my initial sketches as you guessed it... it did resemble a cock and a few sketches even looked like a big pair of knockers! lol

Some mock ups will follow soon. Please stay tuned! thanks
  16. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

Just playing around (mock ups)

17. tom thurs

tom thurs Member

Hmm I preferred your sketches where the db was written with a continuous line, the 'Os' in the db seem a bit odd to me or is that just me?
  18. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

Agree, its not there yet, still playing around with the idea.
  19. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

It looks like you're set on this one. Maybe work a few up instead of sticking to one route.
  20. Dumb_pencil

Dumb_pencil Member

low res jpeg so the image loads quickly, 2nd muck about with a different idea from the sketches,