Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Critique

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Daniel Hatton, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Daniel Hatton

Daniel Hatton New Member

Hi all,

I've just started a video production business after freelancing for the past couple of years and I'm currently working on a logo and branding. I've put together a couple of logos using Adobe Illustrator CC, both vastly different from each other. I'm just looking for a bit of feedback. This is my first time designing a logo so would love to have a bit of guidance. In a perfect world, I would love to hire someone to design it but unfortunately my finances won't allow it at the moment.

I was originally looking to use the numbers in the logo but it looks like someone else is using them so I thought it would be best to focus on the word 'eightyone'.

I would love to have your professional opinions on them.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Attached Files:

Phong Design likes this.
  2. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I prefer the first (vintage script).

I'd be inclined to either split or differentiate the 'Eighty' and the 'One' in some way as it might be my dyslexia speaking here but it doesn't immediately read as
    Eightyone > Eighty One.
    I'm kind of getting Eight Yone at first glance.

3. Daniel Hatton

Daniel Hatton New Member

Thanks Scotty, really appreciate the feedback!

I tried putting a space between Eighty and One but it looked a bit odd to me so I used an upper case O instead (see attached). I think that minor detail has actually worked wonders!

I'd also be interested if there were any other styles or ideas you think would work?

Attached Files:

4. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

That's instantly better.
    I'd say that's very good for your first crack at a logo.

It maybe my eyes but the ne on the One seems to be drooping down a bit.
    Maybe it's the font or something?

There's loads of ways you could go with it but the right font is key.

Stationery Direct likes this.
  5. Daniel Hatton

Daniel Hatton New Member

Yeah I noticed that too. Just had a look and it's definitely the font. I may tweak it a bit so it all looks level.

6. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

If you outline the text you'll be able to nudge it around easier than trying to move it in editable font mode.

7. Daniel Hatton

Daniel Hatton New Member

Great, thanks!

scotty likes this.
  8. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Just a thought but you could link that swoosh into the end of the text to do that retro underline thang.

[​IMG]

9. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Vanessa likes this.
  10. Daniel Hatton

Daniel Hatton New Member

I really like both of those ideas! I'm glad I came here haha

Boss Hogg - How would I go about doing that in Illustrator? I'm a bit of a noob and only really know the basics.

11. Daniel Hatton

Daniel Hatton New Member

What about maybe putting the 'Films' on the ribbon bit?