• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Latest Design Project

This is my latest design project which were some CD's I designed and printed for a mate. Took bloody ages to do so thought I'd take some cool pictures to put on my website :icon_tongue_smilie:
The link to the MySpace which I also designed is here where you can check out the music.

Link here

Let me know what you think

Very Nice! Your images of the work are lovely too. Im a complete novice so excuse my stupidity but how diid you do the images with the CD's floating?

I think the design idea is great! I feel if the packaging could have been slightly bulkier they would stand out more but that most likely was done to budget! Well Done!

xx

Thanks for the comments.

I see what your saying with the bulkiness. The cost of the materials would cost a bit more but It would be more of a time factor to make the cds bulkier which would require more cutting and folding since they were made by hand. They took longer than I thought they would take to make in their current form. I'm guessing each CD took about 20-30 minutes to make, but the design could be translated into a professional print run if required, but only 50 x cds were needed at this stage.

The floating was done with positioning the cds 'on things' and photoshopping the 'things' out to leave just the cds. :icon_wink:

Sorry, a bit late to the party here, but those look bloody lovely. Nice job. :icon_clapping: Great photography too.

I feel your pain as well, having recently handmade about 150 wedding invites for a friend. The design seemed like a good idea at the time, and they do look brilliant, but after 3 days of 8 hours a day scoring, cutting and gluing I sometimes wish I'd come up with something simpler (or at least have the budget to do the whole lot professionally).

I bet you're chuffed with them though. You should be, they look fantastic. And I don't know if you're like me but, even though hand made stuff can be time consuming and sometimes even physically painful, it can be soooo rewarding too. That invite I hated so much at the time is the job I'm most proud of from the last year.

Cheers thanks for the feedback and comments.

Wedding invites are possibly one of the most difficult graphic design jobs, I feel your pain! I did my sisters invites a few years ago, but to be fair they werent too complicated as I was less experienced as a designer and as a client she wasnt too demainding. I know some people who were close to tearing their hair out when dealing with wedding invites. I guess its also having close friends or family as a client which can be an issue. 150 is quite a lot to do by hand, I agree though it is rewarding when its all comeplete.

I am happy with the outcome of the cds but I guess there is always different ways of doing things. I would probably look into getting a die cutting machine such as something like this: Crafters Cove Sizzix as I used a compass cutter and it ws quite perfect and also created a lot of waste as nearly 50% of the time tore the paper. :icon_crying:
I wish I had bought something a few years ago as I would have got my use out of it at uni, assuming they're any good anyway.

ARRIVALS

Very nice Rich - particularly the photography. Good photography of ones work can never be underestimated. Poor imagery on a website can really kill it.

ARRIVALS

No problem, I might hire you as a photographer - even though it's probably the only creative thing not on your list of skills! ;-)