Laser cut acrylic

mrp2049

Anybody do it?

Anybody want to point me in the right direction?

My girlfriend is part of a roller derby team and wants to get some necklaces made of some sort of logo/design affair.

Googling has offered many a company, but where the hell do you start?

reference incase anyone doesn't know. But you folks are smart, so thats not a problem!

AAAADFYgPg0AAAAAADkVLg.jpg

I've never had the need to get acrylic laser cut but have dealt with metal a fair while back.

Did a quick google and these 2 companies should be able to handle what you're after - note I haven't used them.

K2 | laser cutting - PLN laser cutting system
Acrylic Laser Cutting

If it's anything like the metal (autocad file in my case) you will need to be able to supply artwork etc but I can't say more than that as they may need specific requirements.

edit: quick look on k2's faq's says they use autocad files (dwg/dxf) but may be able to accept vector art - basically they want line art

I'd also say take a trip down your local machine shop and see if they know of someone or can offer a similar option - text should be fairly simple to knock out.

Levi said:
I've never had the need to get acrylic laser cut but have dealt with metal a fair while back.

Did a quick google and these 2 companies should be able to handle what you're after - note I haven't used them.

K2 | laser cutting - PLN laser cutting system
Acrylic Laser Cutting

If it's anything like the metal (autocad file in my case) you will need to be able to supply artwork etc but I can't say more than that as they may need specific requirements.

edit: quick look on k2's faq's says they use autocad files (dwg/dxf) but may be able to accept vector art - basically they want line art

I'd also say take a trip down your local machine shop and see if they know of someone or can offer a similar option - text should be fairly simple to knock out.

My girlfriend did product design, so CAD files won't be a problem, ill pass the links along!

Thanks Levi.

Thanks Tom!

Back