Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser cut acrylic

Discussion in 'Tenders & Services Required Forum:' started by mrp2049, May 29, 2010.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Anybody do it?

Anybody want to point me in the right direction?

My girlfriend is part of a roller derby team and wants to get some necklaces made of some sort of logo/design affair.

Googling has offered many a company, but where the hell do you start?

reference incase anyone doesn't know. But you folks are smart, so thats not a problem!

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I've never had the need to get acrylic laser cut but have dealt with metal a fair while back.

Did a quick google and these 2 companies should be able to handle what you're after - note I haven't used them.

K2 | laser cutting - PLN laser cutting system
    Acrylic Laser Cutting

If it's anything like the metal (autocad file in my case) you will need to be able to supply artwork etc but I can't say more than that as they may need specific requirements.

edit: quick look on k2's faq's says they use autocad files (dwg/dxf) but may be able to accept vector art - basically they want line art

I'd also say take a trip down your local machine shop and see if they know of someone or can offer a similar option - text should be fairly simple to knock out.
  3. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

My girlfriend did product design, so CAD files won't be a problem, ill pass the links along!

Thanks Levi.

Thanks Tom!