Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just started an illustration blog…

Discussion in 'Illustration Forum:' started by thisnorthernboy, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Hi all,

After years as working as a graphic designer, I've finally started to draw again. I seem to be getting back into the routine pretty quickly, but to force myself to keep producing good stuff, I've started a blog. Hopefully this will keep me focussed.

Have a look… this northern boy

Cheers

2. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Looks really nice, I love this sort of illustration. Look forward to seeing some more of your work. :thumb:

3. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Looks fine to me. Wonky is good!

thisnorthernboy likes this.
  4. Theory Unit

Theory Unit Member

Lovely stuff! Like that a lot.

5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Nice work, I'll keep an eye on it :)

6. Thanks, very kind.

7. New work on the blog

My blog is only a week old, so not much work there yet, but I've just put up a new post about my most recent illustration.

Lambton_worm.jpg
    There's more, and a short process description on the blog... The queer worm i’ tha well « this northern boy

Cheers

8. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Some good stuff here. Like the buildings.

I've just started painting again after a really long time. I try to do a very quick, small painting a day in the time it takes me to drink a cup of tea...Perhaps as things ease up I'll do a blog also! Wanted to get away from anything to graphic after 20 years at a computer!

9. Thanks Kate, the buildings are a pretty new thing for me. I've always had an interest in architecture, but I think these come more from wanting to create somewhere with a story. I want to know who lives in these places and where they are. At the moment I can't seem to stop drawing them, there's another up on the blog today with a process video showing how I build up the detail and colour.

10. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Love the new work.

Just been reading through it, can't believe your art teacher told you nothing good can come from Rotring Pens!

11. I think he was trying to make a point about the variety of line you get with a dip pen, but it just seemed like a challenge to me.

Glad you like the new work. It's all coming thick and fast at the moment, got lots of ideas and I seem to be learning something new every time I pick up a pen. Wish I'd made the effort ten years ago to be honest.