Just started an illustration blog…

Hi all,

After years as working as a graphic designer, I've finally started to draw again. I seem to be getting back into the routine pretty quickly, but to force myself to keep producing good stuff, I've started a blog. Hopefully this will keep me focussed.

Have a look… this northern boy

Cheers

Looks really nice, I love this sort of illustration. Look forward to seeing some more of your work. :thumb:

Some good stuff here. Like the buildings.

I've just started painting again after a really long time. I try to do a very quick, small painting a day in the time it takes me to drink a cup of tea...Perhaps as things ease up I'll do a blog also! Wanted to get away from anything to graphic after 20 years at a computer!

Thanks Kate, the buildings are a pretty new thing for me. I've always had an interest in architecture, but I think these come more from wanting to create somewhere with a story. I want to know who lives in these places and where they are. At the moment I can't seem to stop drawing them, there's another up on the blog today with a process video showing how I build up the detail and colour.

can't believe your art teacher told you nothing good can come from Rotring Pens!

I think he was trying to make a point about the variety of line you get with a dip pen, but it just seemed like a challenge to me.

Glad you like the new work. It's all coming thick and fast at the moment, got lots of ideas and I seem to be learning something new every time I pick up a pen. Wish I'd made the effort ten years ago to be honest.

Back