Just a MAC question

Status
Not open for further replies.
KieCollins

KieCollins

a silly question, but why does everyone seem to push towards a MAC and not windows within designing? are thay faster? im using a mac now and its fucking annoying! only just started getting used to windows photoshop. think im gonna change back haha.

hankscorpio

hankscorpio

Staff member
Traditionally - the Mac was a superior computer to a PC. Back in 2006 and before most PCs were mainly office PCs - and high-end PCs were something of unheard of.
Even gaming didn't really need a superior machine to run games, but they were a bit more expensive than a normal PC - and a lot cheaper than a Mac.

Macs were vastly superior computers back in the day.

But nowadays - PCs are just as good - you can buy a high end PC that's x2 as good as a Mac and 1/2 the price.

Why do designers use macs? Legacy I suppose. But nowadays it's much more than that - it's the genre of "it was here when I got here".

Quite like a lot of preflight profiles out there, they were built by someone who knew what they were doing - now there's a mac monkey in their place and they just see red flags, and no idea how to fix them.

I design on a PC laptop at home, and I work on Macs in work.

There's litereally no difference in the software from Mac to PC - except keyboard shortcuts.

KieCollins

KieCollins

Ahhh i get it. this is off topicm but do you have a portfolio of your work? just interested in checking out other people stuff.

KieCollins

KieCollins

Traditionally - the Mac was a superior computer to a PC. Back in 2006 and before most PCs were mainly office PCs - and high-end PCs were something of unheard of.
Even gaming didn't really need a superior machine to run games, but they were a bit more expensive than a normal PC - and a lot cheaper than a Mac.

Macs were vastly superior computers back in the day.

But nowadays - PCs are just as good - you can buy a high end PC that's x2 as good as a Mac and 1/2 the price.

Why do designers use macs? Legacy I suppose. But nowadays it's much more than that - it's the genre of "it was here when I got here".

Quite like a lot of preflight profiles out there, they were built by someone who knew what they were doing - now there's a mac monkey in their place and they just see red flags, and no idea how to fix them.

I design on a PC laptop at home, and I work on Macs in work.

There's litereally no difference in the software from Mac to PC - except keyboard shortcuts.
???

hankscorpio

hankscorpio

Staff member
No. I don't even have a portfolio applying for jobs. I'm in the trade for over 20 years. Anyone that needs to see a sample of my work may ask before we commence working together. But I don't keep a portfolio.

KieCollins

KieCollins

No. I don't even have a portfolio applying for jobs. I'm in the trade for over 20 years. Anyone that needs to see a sample of my work may ask before we commence working together. But I don't keep a portfolio.
Oh right, so i cannot see any of your work? being in the trade for 20 years you must have some experiance, why would you not want to show it off?

hankscorpio

hankscorpio

Staff member
Oh right, so i cannot see any of your work? being in the trade for 20 years you must have some experiance, why would you not want to show it off?
Why would I? I am paid well. The only people that need to know how good I am is the people I work with.

I have zero desire to "show off".

Status
Not open for further replies.