Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joomla website portfolio

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by GilmoreVisuals, Nov 16, 2011.

1. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

I am just about to start designing my site using joomla (when my current Suspended runs out any day now). Is this a foolish idea?

I have used joomla a little and find it quite easy and quick to update the sites I use it on.

Any suggestions on widgets, gatgets I could use for my new site?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Personally I would use Wordpress instead.. Joomla is ok, but can be a bit of a pain to get all the parts to work. The Wordpress widgets, gadgets and support is great and thoroughly recommended.
  3. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

I use Joomla and it is far better then Wordpress, thats not just my opinion, its fact. :D

Gives you far more control, but is harder to work with when you are starting out with it, but in the end it is far, far superior.
  4. DWildish

DWildish Member

5. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

A friend of mine had already set up a joomla site, so ill be using it.

The server name is still processing (should work now if you are reading this 24h after I posted it) so should be back and working soon.

I need to chose a temple now, (see Joomla Templates - YOOtheme - Demo for the options I have and am talking about) I was thinking something to show my work instantly, maybe Big Easy or Vanilla?
  6. Designer156

Designer156 Junior Member

I use Joomla for all my sites. I'd love to be able to offer WordPress too, but never found the time to figure out how to build a template (although it's bound to be easier than Joomla)

I don't know about gadgets or widgets, but key plugins for me are Akeeba, JCE Editor, RS Forms, joomSEO, Frontpage Slideshow and mini front page.