Joomla website portfolio

GilmoreVisuals

I am just about to start designing my site using joomla (when my current Suspended runs out any day now). Is this a foolish idea?

I have used joomla a little and find it quite easy and quick to update the sites I use it on.

Any suggestions on widgets, gatgets I could use for my new site?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I would use Wordpress instead.. Joomla is ok, but can be a bit of a pain to get all the parts to work. The Wordpress widgets, gadgets and support is great and thoroughly recommended.

I use Joomla and it is far better then Wordpress, thats not just my opinion, its fact. :D

Gives you far more control, but is harder to work with when you are starting out with it, but in the end it is far, far superior.

A friend of mine had already set up a joomla site, so ill be using it.

The server name is still processing (should work now if you are reading this 24h after I posted it) so gilmorevisuals.co.uk should be back and working soon.

I need to chose a temple now, (see Joomla Templates - YOOtheme - Demo for the options I have and am talking about) I was thinking something to show my work instantly, maybe Big Easy or Vanilla?

I use Joomla for all my sites. I'd love to be able to offer WordPress too, but never found the time to figure out how to build a template (although it's bound to be easier than Joomla)

I don't know about gadgets or widgets, but key plugins for me are Akeeba, JCE Editor, RS Forms, joomSEO, Frontpage Slideshow and mini front page.

Back