I've started noticing some major brand design failures

eddypeck

First off this inappropriate message on the back of a B&Q lorry

78v26wx

If I "Shop online now" I'm likely to crash, not to mention it will be illegal.

And just to clarify I didn't take this picture, I was riding a motorbike but googled and found this image.

secondly this spelling/gramatical balls up by Royal mail:
Royal Mail Parcels

“We’re make e-tailing easier....” I'm guessing it's supposed to be “we make...” or “we’re making...”

B&Q have to try and get their website out their as much as possible - as it doesn't have the stores name in the url, which in itself is quite rare. Nearly every truck lorry and van of major brands have their website on it - it's more about brand awareness.

And yeah the url does look really really crap on the back of that lorry - incorrect typeface - mismatch of upper and lowercase - and the identity looks bad too - any chance of some sort of safe area???

Not the worst i've seen mind...

the worst I've seen is the new microsoft logo.... it's four coloured squares (a window I suppose)... which basically looks like a google logo lol

Yes, that B&Q advertisement is horrific, but I think it would take a special kind of person to be driving and then suddenly decided that they need to order a new barbecue right then and there...! I think it's more meant as "You can shop online now, instead of going to our store".

Back