Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is flash website template is good?

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by hitech, Aug 12, 2010.

1. hitech

hitech Junior Member

Is the flash template is really good for website.
    I also read form some where that flash is not good for SEO. Any advance opinions?
  2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Flash is shite.
  3. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

+1 (nod)
  4. ah ha ha
  5. wac

wac Senior Member

Flash is great, seo is fine if you know what you're doing. But templates, why bother. by very definition your going to be having something unoriginal and probably with a big stamp somewhere saying "made using super-flash template wizard" or something to that tune. So I suppose it depends what you want to do with it really.
  6. flash has its place.. slowely degrading in the corner like a pub wino :lol:
  7. wac

wac Senior Member

granted, revelations in coding are slowly chipping away at Flash's foothold. I for one welcome the day when Flash isn't the only way to make the web shiny, but that day isn't today. Try disabling you're flash plug-in and then kiss goodbye to the full function of YouTube, Facebook, All the iPlayers, IMdB, Behance and Google Analytics to name just a few.
  8. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

You also get rid of advertising, which makes it worth it, occasionally.
  9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

um facebook has webm and h264 options so basically as soon as the next version of firefox is released it will make no difference, current google chrome and safari can do h264 now iirc

firefox and adblock plus :)
  10. wac

wac Senior Member

lol, don't come crying to me when all of your friends have free iPads because they shot 4 monkeys!

As I said, the day is coming, but it's not today.
  11. hitech

hitech Junior Member

I heard that now google can search in flash website easily. Is it?