Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invoice Tools or Software?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by Squiddy, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding invoice tools that are good value for money?

I notice a lot of the popular ones deal only in USD, I believe that would therefore make the tool unusable as I'm dealing in GBP...

What does everyone else use? I had a search on the forum and someone recommended Billings, however, I don't own a mac so... anything else?
  2. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Do these things let me use GBP? Also, it only seems to mention Paypal, does it support bank transfers, direct debits etc or should I be looking for something else?
  3. from memory they all allow GBP and bank transfers etc.. you just set it how you want on your invoices etc.
  4. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Thanks chris.

I assume by the lack of replies that very few others are using an automated invoicing tool?
  5. Russell

Russell Member

Billings for me too
  6. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

It's highly frustrating that it's only available for mac users... I thought we were moving away from platform specific software...
  7. graphicscove

graphicscove Member

I'd have to agree with Billings as well. I tried many other alternatives but once I found Billings I was hooked. Too bad you don't have a Mac.
  8. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Thanks Greg, when I get round to sorting this all out I'll probably try them out :)
  9. aibrean

aibrean Member

10. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

This looks interesting... I'm going to try it.
  11. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

I tried Curdbee, it's actually very good. However, you're limited to one template for your invoice and you can't really change it.. The other glaringly obvious down-side is that actually, in comparison to FreeAgent (which ironically isn't free) there are a ton of tax/accounting/banking features simply not available. I think it's well worth the £15 a month!

I'm wondering though Greg, as someone who knows very little in terms of accounting for freelance designers can you really get by without having any kind of assistance from a professional accountant or do you need to learn to do things yourself? If so, what?

12. Printed_com

Printed_com New Member

There are loads of great apps if you use a iPhone/iPad or android such as Account Tracker.
  13. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Yes I thought this would be the case, It's not a problem. I already have an accountant, I was just wondering how much of the accountants job this software will take over. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.