Invoice Tools or Software?

S

Squiddy

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding invoice tools that are good value for money?

I notice a lot of the popular ones deal only in USD, I believe that would therefore make the tool unusable as I'm dealing in GBP...

What does everyone else use? I had a search on the forum and someone recommended Billings, however, I don't own a mac so... anything else?

Do these things let me use GBP? Also, it only seems to mention Paypal, does it support bank transfers, direct debits etc or should I be looking for something else?

from memory they all allow GBP and bank transfers etc.. you just set it how you want on your invoices etc.

Thanks chris.

I assume by the lack of replies that very few others are using an automated invoicing tool?

It's highly frustrating that it's only available for mac users... I thought we were moving away from platform specific software...

I'd have to agree with Billings as well. I tried many other alternatives but once I found Billings I was hooked. Too bad you don't have a Mac.

Thanks Greg, when I get round to sorting this all out I'll probably try them out :)

I tried Curdbee, it's actually very good. However, you're limited to one template for your invoice and you can't really change it.. The other glaringly obvious down-side is that actually, in comparison to FreeAgent (which ironically isn't free) there are a ton of tax/accounting/banking features simply not available. I think it's well worth the £15 a month!

I'm wondering though Greg, as someone who knows very little in terms of accounting for freelance designers can you really get by without having any kind of assistance from a professional accountant or do you need to learn to do things yourself? If so, what?

Cheers.

Yes I thought this would be the case, It's not a problem. I already have an accountant, I was just wondering how much of the accountants job this software will take over. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

Back