• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

InDesign - Bi-Fold Brochure

Hey everyone

It has been a while since I have been commissioned to design a bi-fold brochure (A4, front cover, 2 inside pages and the back cover) and it seems I cannot recall how to setup the document in InDesign; is there anybody that could shed some light on this please?
Cheers

hankscorpio

Staff member
Set up a 4 page document and have each page as the finished size.

Once complete, send the 4 individual pages to the printers and they do the imposing.

Set up a 4 page document and have each page as the finished size.

Once complete, send the 4 individual pages to the printers and they do the imposing.
Thanks, I went ahead and set up the document before reading this as I had remembered how I did it in the past, albeit a while ago. I set up 2 double page spreads in one document, each spread being A3 making each page A4, and in order on the setup from left to right I have the back cover and then front cover on the first spread, then the second being the 2 inside pages; would this work because I seem to remember it working out ok at the printers end. I am aware that things can be a bit tricky when ending up at the printers, and my client is not yet in touch with one unfortunately..

Paul Murray

Staff member
Best to ask the printer, but that sounds ok to me. Essentially you're giving them a two page PDF to print a two-sided document. So long as it's set up correctly with bleeds you should be ok.

hankscorpio

Staff member
Yes, sounds setup correctly. But - different printers have different setups and requirements - it's almost always best to send single page pdfs.

But I don't see an issue with this, unless your printer is a dope.