i love my imac haha

lauralil

I am a very very very happy girl today!!! :icon_biggrin:

It arrived yesterday and oh boy...what a piece of kit!! So impressed by the speed and the whole overall design. I have got a macbook pro, which is a year old but there is a big difference in speed between the 2.

only thing I would change is the size of the keyboard! it could do with being a bit bigger but thats the only negative, and in the whole scheme of things it doesn't really matter does it.

to think this time last year i was working on a pc, and now I can't remember how to use them!! hahaha

mac we salute you!! :icon_thumbup:

I'm not going to totally bash pc's as they do have some plus points
but I am with you all the way in saying I love my iMac as well.
Apples operating system is just so much more enjoyable to use,
it makes it hard to use anything else without feeling like you have
taken several technological steps backwards.

I'm a PC fan myself :icon_thumbup: and was glad to see the back of our Mac a year ago...

I hope you have plenty of happy Mac moments :icon_biggrin:

Pauline

Snow Leopard is due out in September, it's supposed to free up more space and applications will run faster. Therefore your iMac will be even better!

I was tempted by an iMac, although I thought that I'd be upgrading, which is a pain with iMacs, so I go and contradict myself with the mbp. I just can't fault it though, I got it in January, it's still as fast as it was the day I got it, and will remain that way until dust kills it.

The only bit that annoyed me was that apple no longer supply vga to dvi (& dvi to vga) converter cables. And now the design has changed altogether, so I couldn't pinch one from work, it just means an extra 15 notes.

Are the keys spaced on the iMac? I thought the spaced keys would be a nightmare at first, but now I can't live without them.

Never owned a mac, I prefer PC because I can build my own high spec machine with very little money every couple of years.
Macs are very good looking, but ultimately too expensive for me.

I know how you feel!

When I got my first Imac (G5), I was the happiest girl in the whole universe.

However, one thing led to another, and I ended up without it, and had to start using a PC laptop!
This change was absolutely awful. The PC is UBER slow in comparison, and so much time is eaten up in upgrading and beating bugs and viruses! I cannot wait to get back on the Mac Ladder again!

I'm hopefully getting a MacBook Pro soon, and CAN'T WAIT!!

Hope you enjoy using your Mac. They're an amazing 'species'!!:icon_thumbup:

I know how you feel!

When I got my first Imac (G5), I was the happiest girl in the whole universe.

However, one thing led to another, and I ended up without it, and had to start using a PC laptop!
This change was absolutely awful. The PC is UBER slow in comparison, and so much time is eaten up in upgrading and beating bugs and viruses! I cannot wait to get back on the Mac Ladder again!

I'm hopefully getting a MacBook Pro soon, and CAN'T WAIT!!

Hope you enjoy using your Mac. They're an amazing 'species'!!:icon_thumbup:

macbook pros are great. I was gutted that I bought mine and a week later they bought out the new ones! gutted!! haha

Only a week later? You could of taken yours back and upgraded... surely?

I've got the 17" Macbook Pro (not uni-body) and it still does everything I could dream of (apart from make me coffee) and I'm still pretty sure it's got more to offer in the many years I plan to use it ahead!

Even with a copy of XP loaded on bootcamp its the best computer I've ever had... Gotta love em... Macs :icon_thumbup:

Last edited:
For what it's worth, the generation before the current mbp are better positioned as far as the motherboards go.

If you look on the new mbp, it's lacking certain ports from the older gen, and the usb ports are on the left, rather than the back, so it means if I want to plug in a mouse (which I have) it has to stretch that little bit further, being right handed n' all.

Like I said before though, I can't fault it, but there are plus sides to having an older model too.:icon_wink:

i have the iMac too :) love it..

had it about 1 and half years now, not a single problem!

managed to convert a couple of people to getting macs also :)

enjoy!

dont understand the big deal

Im not bashing macs at all I have a macbook myself
but i dont really understand the big thing about it like I have a pc higher specs with half the price of the mac book.
Dont get me wrong some of the wee gimics on the mac are great

I adore my Mac, I bought it a few years ago as a refurb from Apple, no problems with it.

It's a G5 Dual 2GHz PowerPC only 2GB mem and a Radeon X1900 Graphics card. I couldn't afford to wait for the Intel chip so it's starting to show signs of being out-of-date with software, I'm still on 10.411 too.

My big chunk of aluminum get on great tho. Just don't get me started on PC's. :icon_wink:

"I'm a PC... Oh look... blue screen of death" lol imagine getting kids brainwashed into PC's - start them young because they don't talk back! They cause more stress than necessary or is that Microsoft's fault? Oh no don't get me started on IE :icon_cursing:

Sorry I digress... mac's are expensive but hey, they give me less stress in my life, it's worth it. Also converted my bro to the MacBook. He can't believe things actually do what they are suppose to do... work!

I adore my Mac, I bought it a few years ago as a refurb from Apple, no problems with it.

It's a G5 Dual 2GHz PowerPC only 2GB mem and a Radeon X1900 Graphics card. I couldn't afford to wait for the Intel chip so it's starting to show signs of being out-of-date with software, I'm still on 10.411 too.

My big chunk of aluminum get on great tho. Just don't get me started on PC's. :icon_wink:

"I'm a PC... Oh look... blue screen of death" lol imagine getting kids brainwashed into PC's - start them young because they don't talk back! They cause more stress than necessary or is that Microsoft's fault? Oh no don't get me started on IE :icon_cursing:

Sorry I digress... mac's are expensive but hey, they give me less stress in my life, it's worth it. Also converted my bro to the MacBook. He can't believe things actually do what they are suppose to do... work!

I agree IE is balls like. But I have a intel Quad Core at 3ghz with 4gigs ram atm thinking of upgrading it
512 bfg 8800 and 500gb hd runs great for me no problems best machine ive built (first one ive built) also has windows 7 Release cadidate a much better OS

But my mac dvd drive messed up and hard drive messed up a while back just started working again its a macbook with 80g 2gig ram (dont no what the graphics is) and its intel but it cost near twice as much as the the desktop did now you cant say that aint a bit of a rip when the pc does all the same things as the mac. But both do it at great speed it takes about 10 seconds or less sometimes for each to boot like.

Likewise.

Mac users go on about MS brainwashing Windows users, I think they need to look more closely at themselves and Steve Jobs :icon_rolleyes:

Lol they clearly havent seen one of there first adverts the goombas.

sure macs brainwash there users by bashing microsoft all the time like saying were so cool we can do such and such where all windows does is spreadsheets.

Ah hello windows can run games like empire total war crysis never see that in mac adverts?
Never see pro gamers with macs either:)

Back