HOW Contest Entry

I'm guessing they probably had some REALLY bad entries if those were the ones chosen. It wouldn't be so bad if I was losing to really good designs, but these are just not good by any stretch. One person commented on the album on the one in first saying "so and so deserves to win. Hers is the best one"

What? ??

LIked your photo HowVeteransGrant . Did a great job hopefully you will be winner !!! I saw each photo uploaded into HowVeteransGrant, but that's are not attractive and creative as like you. But i have a question. Is that photo contest or video contest? Cause there has 2 video till now. How they compare photo and video ???

Thank you, janifar. :) unfortunately I will not be winning. It's chosen based on who has the most votes and last I checked I was about 100 votes behind the person in first.

How they can compare videos, essays and art is beyond me. It was a good idea (bringing someone who has never been to HOW) but executed extremely poorly.

I have dealt with HOW before, and I drew the same conclusion regarding their organisational skills. Sorry you didn't win, if it's any consolation I think yours was the best entry there, by miles, and I don't think many would disagree with that.

Thanks. The interesting thing is I don't believe this group has any affiliation with HOW.
There's still one more day to get in votes, but the top two are closing in on 200 votes. I can't get that many by tomorrow. I realized late last week that it wasn't about whose design was the best. It was about who can gain the most popularity votes from their friends. The one that did the poster in first isn't a great designer, she's got potential but a long way to go. The other one is an essay. I don't understand how an essay can show you deserve to go to a DESIGN conference lol. :)
At this point I just chalk it up to another piece in my portfolio and I'll save up to go next year.
The grant hasn't even raised HALF of what they need to fund the trip anyways.

I am not sure how she got it if her design isn't good. But your design is honestly fantastic from others, i sewer. Actually have no anything for consolation to you, i am speechless. After All you did a great job, win isn't the purposes to attend in a competition. God Bless You !!!

The essay won, ended up getting over 300 votes (no idea how) and they haven't funded the grant yet. So there may be a chance they can't send someone anyways.

Great idea executed HORRIBLY. The public vote through Facebook was not a good idea.

Oh well! Thank you to all of you who voted!

Haha yes, this is the silver lining lol. AND an agent in the works. I'll hopefully be able to afford to take myself next year. :)

Back