Help with Bauhaus 93

Hi all,

I am currently checking out fonts for a logo design I am doing. I have some restrictions sue to the image I am using as I am lining up the font with two cirlces within the main image.

Bauhaus 93 seems to work well for this and would be the easy way out except that its very pixelated and fussy? Im a complete beginner and mainly use photoshop. Is this a common trait with Bauhaus 93 or have done something wrong? What can I do to smooth it out. Im thinking Rasterize then use a filter?

HELP! Thanks in advance!

Eva x

Honestly? You should really use Illustrator for logos. The trouble with Photoshop is the image will lose quality when it is scaled up / down. Illustrator is vector meaning no loss of definition / quality no matter the scale.

BUT if you are going to use Photoshop, make sure the text setting is Sharp (box in the top menu bar next to the point (text) size.

Lol, I would but Im not sure how to do that! Its asking me for a URL?

I apoligise for my thickness!!! Only started using this site and trying to find my way with all things graphic related...Lost.com!

Save your file as a jpeg, then make a post here, click on Attachment (wee paperclip just above where you type), browse to find the image on your puter, click on upload and close that window, make your post :icon_smile:

Have you made the font "Sharp"? .... and have you got Illustrator? Honestly you really need to learn it and use it if you're going to get into this game :icon_smile:

Have you made the font "Sharp"? .... and have you got Illustrator? Honestly you really need to learn it and use it if you're going to get into this game :icon_smile:

I totally agree with you on that one!! But I know Photoshop well so when I go into illustrator and the same tools act differently it really frustrates me! Im going to spend the next 6 months learning it inside out, hopefully with the help of you guys. I joined last week and have been on everyday reading and learning and giving my opinions (not that they are all that valid but I like to think I know a bit about design, I just don't have the technical know how yet!) and I find it so useful here!

Kind Regards peoples! ***Bows head in shame for my lazyness!***

Eva x

Once you've mastered Illustrator it's actually weird going back to Photoshop :icon_smile: I rarely use PS now and then it's normally only for quick jobs.

Yep would agree with that. I was designing a flyer for a guy the other day who has Photoshop (but only knows the basics) and he wanted it made in PS so he could add venue details etc. later himself. It was very, very odd and not something I would normally do. Funny though because Photoshop used to always be my weapon of choice once upon a time ............. oh how naive I was :icon_biggrin:

I totally agree with you on that one!! But I know Photoshop well so when I go into illustrator and the same tools act differently it really frustrates me! Im going to spend the next 6 months learning it inside out, hopefully with the help of you guys. I joined last week and have been on everyday reading and learning and giving my opinions (not that they are all that valid but I like to think I know a bit about design, I just don't have the technical know how yet!) and I find it so useful here!

Kind Regards peoples! ***Bows head in shame for my lazyness!***

Eva x

Oh and btw, getting back to your orginal point..are you sure Bauhaus is the best font? ..not loving it myself.

And as for Illy, do as many online tutorials as you can :icon_cheers:

Starting with a different font atm as my friends has requested it as Lucida Handwritting!! Which Im not happy about but she already has been using that as part of a Stamped logo on her products so she wants to stick with that.

So another question, I want to slightly edit the font, Im using Illustrator btw!! So When i rasterize the font it goes all fussy..so thats obvs not how to go about it? But it wont let me erase parts or edit part with it as text? What do I do? xxx

Thanks in Advance! xxx

Type > Create Outlines will allow you to edit the type as vector (obviously you'll no longer be able to use it as type i.e. change what it says). For editing, look at the pathfinder tool.

Type > Create Outlines will allow you to edit the type as vector (obviously you'll no longer be able to use it as type i.e. change what it says). For editing, look at the pathfinder tool.

Thankyou! Thats another new thing learnt. Im also learning that even just selection is complicated and slowing me down in illustrator, but Im getting there. Not much to show for it yet, but still fiddling and learning!

Thanks for your help people. I will be brave once I've come up with a start of a logo I shall post it and let you see! xx

The shortcuts for the selection tools are 'A' and 'V'.

V = Selection Tool (selects a vector object as a group and allows you to move it around)

A = Direct Selection (allows you to select individual elements of a vector, for example a single point and manipulate just that point)

Back