Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a W3C validation warning

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Jazajay, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Right i was just validating some code to make sure it was all correct and that I haven't missed something when I noticed this warning. now my code looks fine, countless searches says my code is fine, but I'm still getting the warning.

Cite:The W3C Markup Validation Service

Right so heres my code ~
    Any takers well confused.

2. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Oooo....yeah, don't worry that'll teach me to code with a hang over, I cant believe I just spent 15 mins looking up why that was spitting out a warning...err....ooops. :cry:

Muppet mistake bolded above.

I'll put that up there with the question I asked my other half the other week when I got back from a run I think ~

"If I run 7 miles in bang on 1 hour how many miles per hour do you reckon that is?"

Err....yeah. Sigh.

Cheers any way.

3. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Will it not be because the headers aren't being passed to the validator? The charset gets passed to the validator via headers when you do it via URI, but it can't do this when you input it directly. Save that as a file on your desktop, open it in Firefox (with web dev toolbar installed) and hit Shift+Ctrl+A.
  4. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Lol yeah exactly, it's because I was using direct input mode, which it actually says in the flaming warning!!!!! :mad:

I even ran the W3C page though it and got the same warning which confused the f**k out of me TBH. Pure dumbass thing to do. But thanks for the response none the less, much appreciated.

It's going to be 1 of those days me thinks.

Jaz :)
  5. Harry

Harry Senior Member

I posted the response and yours popped up as I hit the post button haha, so you figured it out before I realised you had. If that makes sense? Definitely one of those day for me haha.
  6. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Yeah I gathered, lol, 15 mins trying to figure it though what an idiot. :down:

I'm really not looking forward to the rest of the day now TBH, what a waste of time. :cry:

Cheers any way fella much appreciated none the less. :)

7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

haha :) Was confused why this was confusing you.
  8. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hehe. Never code with a hangover! Glad you got it sorted Jaz. :)
  9. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Code when drunk instead. Much more fun haha.