Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a bit of a Blank day. Need Opinions.

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by ScottCorb, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ScottCorb

ScottCorb New Member

Hi!, Not having the greatest day for inspirational ideas :icon_confused:. Im a 1st year student and one of this semester's projects is to design a package that decribes myself as a designer. (Sounds exhilirating right? :thumb:) Well you see, im more of an illustrator/ packaging design so I've decided to do a pop art/ comic book package inspired by Ol' Roy Lichtenstein and Jack Kirby (Marvel Comic Illustrator).

My problem, you see, is that this package has to have a Brand and Icon like a typical Corporate Identity brief but i've just cannot come up with something any i'd consider worthy. Seeing as though I have to brand myself i've been trying to develop my name into something of a brand then trying to run that into an Icon, but as everyone knows, it's hard to design for yourself.

This is what i've produced so far:
    My name is Scott Ian Corbishley by the way (essential info obviously)

- SIC Design
    - SIC Illustration
    - SCorb Designing
    - Scott's Studio
    - Top SCor Designs
    - SC illustration
    - Scott Ian

They're the few I believe to have something in them. But I feel they're all too literal and obvious.
    Basically, I would love some opinions on the names/ brands and anyway I can work them into icons.

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

I would also look what domains are available as that will narrow down your list, sicdesign is already taked for example.
  3. Theory Unit

Theory Unit Member

I'd capitalise on your surname being unusual - it's the kind of name that could give you instant itegrity, given the right logo and branding.
    ScottCorb likes this.

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I'd honestly stay clear of 'SIC' even though it's your initials. Any time I hear that word I cringe. Obviously I'm referring to the word 'sicc' meaning cool, amazing etc.. but even so. I'd stick to SC.
  5. ScottCorb

ScottCorb New Member

Thanks for the replies so far, all very useful. Especially the Capitalisation of my surname comment. Cheers.
  6. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

sicc reply dude :icon_biggrin:

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

8. Tash

Tash Member

why not just Corbishley? Marvel's logo doesn't say Marvel Comics - Haymarket's logo doesn't say 'Haymarket Publishing House/Media Group'... the website is but the title of that is haymarket media group... Disney is universally known as Disney not 'Disney cartoons' and I don't know many people under 50 who refer to him as Walt Disney.... Corbishley... it's a good surname. Go with it :)
    dunno why but it makes me think of a slogan like 'fiendishly good' - 'corbishley good'....perhaps a tad cheesy but that's literally the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your surname.