Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone seen this logo before?

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by KyomiMartyn, Jul 19, 2016.

1. KyomiMartyn

KyomiMartyn New Member

Hi everyone.

My client is a personal trainer that is looking to start up a clothing brand.
    I presented him with a handful of ideas and we have both strongly agreed on this one.
    Having searched many sites, including a reverse image search on google, I still haven't found any evidence of it existing... But I'm still finding it hard to believe to be honest.

Also, if it turns out a logo is vaguely similar, what would I do next? The client doesn't have much of a budget, so I don't have much more time at all to spend on this project.

Art of Training logo 2.png

[Please note, this isn't the final result as I would like to get more confirmation before I continue refining it.]

Thank you.

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

It feels familiar but that could just be because it's a simple idea. I've searched a little bit and although I've found lots of bent dumbbell logos, I couldn't find anything similar to this.

3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Yeah also had a quick search and couldn't find anything similar.

4. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

I like it, but I don't get the bent bar idea? Is it simply for visual effect? It just seems a bit negative for me as I think of; poor posture / form, struggle, sadness (bar forming a sad smile).

5. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Lifiting heavy weights the bar tends to bend.

As you can see below, the weights between letters/words/names etc. is used a lot.

I think you have a unique logo - but I think it needs a lot of work. For example, the A with the weights is bold and strong, whereas it's light and fluffy underneath where it says Art...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Yes it's just been a bit over exaggerated in this design

7. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

In the examples I've posted it's quite similar to how others approach it.

8. KyomiMartyn

KyomiMartyn New Member

Thank you all for taking the time to help and give me feedback! :)
    The bar was indeed to give the illusion of strength, as hankscorpio demonstrated.

You're also right about the font choice. As it's a long title, I'd like to add a bit of contrast, to break it up a little. Still on the hunt for the right pairing, but other than that I'm almost done.

Thanks again everyone! :D