going rate for wordpress theme development.

daytona

I know this isn't the tender section but I'm not serious enough to post there atm.
As the title suggests, I'm thinking about getting someone to edit an existing theme and develop my website. I was planning on doing it myself but I'm starting to wonder whether my time would be better spent practising graphic design rather than trying to learn web design. It'll be a fairly simple (i hope) wordpress-based site with a portfolio and blog page. I'm a student and so don't have multiple 100's but am prepared to pay a reasonable amount. or trade favours. or a combo :)
cheers guys.

Depends what you need exactly really and the price I am sure will reduce if you are supplying graphics etc. i.e just the coding is required. A friend of mine recently paid just under £500 for a wordpress site but he did nothing and let them do the lot (a fair price I thought).

Well that's a lot more than I'm looking to pay but also a lot more than I need done I think. All I really need is someone with the right knowledge to setup some decent plugins and to have a tinker with the css

It's probably worth learning the basics of web design/development to be honest, even if it's not your thing.

Agencies will want to see more transferable skills than just 'nice printed things', and since more emphasis is being put on digital formats, it makes sense to get a basic understanding of them, even if you're not planning (or hoping) to take those skills further.

back in the old days when wp did not exist and when u had 2 code php and link sql up was a nightmare i used 2 hate it. i was never a gr8 php coder but since wp came out is not 2 hard to learn/understand/manipulate.

if u serious about a wp website i can help you out. msg me with what you require and your budget and if i have enough time ill try teach you some basics of wp/php

Best advice I could give on this is just invest $50 or so in a decent WordPress template that is already out their which best suits your requirements here is a good place to start.

Premium WordPress Themes, Web Templates, Mobile Themes | ThemeForest

then if it's missing something just search for a possible plugin like what you maybe after then WordPress plugin at the end of it for example HTML5 J query Slide show then WordPress plugin etc

Hope i could be of some help.

Back