glenwheeler.co.uk

When I clicked on one of the images, the result was so large on-screen that I had to scroll around to find the CLOSE button. Not good for people browsing your site on a laptop with a smaller screen, of which there will be a sizeable percentage.
I'd make the images smaller when they appear. Perhaps maximum 800 pixels width. Possibly 600.

On further examination, nothing actually lines up to the grid:

Before:
xehq28.png

After:
2iig1nc.png

I'll be rather honest, I didn't read that massive paragraph of text. I don't think many other people will either. IMO a portfolio is about selling what you do. As a client I don't need to know you "left University not being able to find a job", many people have that problem, all I need to know, as the client, is; will you fit my needs? Are you good at what you do? Can I trust you? I don't know about you but saying "I couldn't find a job after University" doesn't make me want to hire you, infact it makes me question if you're good at what you do.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, portfolios are meant to be to the point. There is no need to waffle on about your life story, show your personality through the design of the site not through a massive paragraph of writing.

Ralph

Once again... keep it simple.

The only waffles we need are the ones for breakfast.

Unless they are Birdseyes' because they are very waffly versatile.

While I agree it wasn't aligned, you placed the far left edge at an odd point... why not at the left of everything?

Renniks said:
While I agree it wasn't aligned, you placed the far left edge at an odd point... why not at the left of everything?

Me? I wasn't changing his layout, merely making it line up where he thought it was, if that makes sense. Left aligning that would have been changing it, not fixing it…

I do agree though, needs to be on the left.

Back