• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gaia Flash Framework

ARRIVALS

Hi guys.

Does anyone have any experience with Gaia Flash Framework? It seems a brilliant tool, but new to me.
For those that don't know what it is, have a gander.

Gaia Framework for Adobe Flash

To put it shortly, it's used to build Flash based websites in a much short amount of time than it usually takes in regular Flash. - 10 minutes apparently - simply because you don't have to write 1 line of actionscript.

Awesome tool if it's true.

ARRIVALS

Think about it. Why do people use Flash? You have more freedom with animation/layout. It offers much more in creativity.

Take a look at David Starks website. I'm sure you all know who he is.

David Stark Design

Tell me you can do something as creative as this with a regular HTML site? If so, I'd be happy to withdraw previous comments.

Corrosive

Tell me you can do something as creative as this with a regular HTML site? If so, I'd be happy to withdraw previous comments.
I'm sure there is someone out there who could do something that is as innovative/annoying as that using HTML5.

Check out some of the demos here; HTML5 Website Showcase: 48 Potential Flash-Killing Demos

If Apple weren't confident in the flexibility of HTML5 they would have allowed Flash on iWhatever platforms.

ARRIVALS

I'm sure there is someone out there who could do something that is as innovative/annoying as that using HTML5.

Check out some of the demos here; HTML5 Website Showcase: 48 Potential Flash-Killing Demos

If Apple weren't confident in the flexibility of HTML5 they would have allowed Flash on iWhatever platforms.
I stand corrected. Nice stuff in there. How much more would a designer charge to build a site in HTLM5 than normal though?