• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

@font-face experience

C

chrismitchell

anyone here got some experience with making @font-face work in IE at all? its just not working for me at all :confused:

the website in question is Emas Medical Ltd | Developing Medicines and I just cant get the fonts to work for IE to change to HelveticaNeue, i've even made EOT files for them and it still isnt working. I can't seem to make it work.

Any help?

C

chrismitchell

I'll check all the code again :p I did use the Font Squirrel thing... Its just not wanting to know :( booo

Harry

Er, you realise there's no such thing as a h7/h8, Chris? And the site's all a bit broken.

Plus Helvetica isn't licensed for @font-face embedding.

C

chrismitchell

seems to all be working a little bit better now.. I got rid of h7 and h8 now :) I noticed that myself :lol: been a bit dopy with this one has to be said..

Harry

C'mon, that's a little worse than dopey ;)
Plus you've now put <p>s inside <a>s which you can't do, block level not allowed inside inline… this is basics ;)
59 errors!

And you're not allowed to use Helvetica with @font-face. You can't use it.

C

chrismitchell

well yes it is.. been a bit stressed getting this one to work to tell the truth.. and they really want helveticaneue as the font for it too... hmmm

C

chrismitchell

seems to be ok on the Markup now :) i'm sure i'll be half as good as you at some point in the far future Harry :)

Harry

You're best off using a strong in there rather than two spans, strong has more weight than span, which is just a generic inline element. Also, set the span's css to display:block; then remove the <br />.

It's not a case of being as good as anyone else, these are just basics unfortunately :(

C

chrismitchell

yeah I'm still learning :) sooner or later i'll make one that everyone will be able to see without all these CSS / HTML / PHP problems :lol:

i'll have a looksee at the spans and strong situation :)

...............XD wow P2P tutoring huh? Lucky....

So would either of you no when to and when not to embed fonts - It was something I came across a few years back but never explored. However since Internet speeds are rising - maybe it is worth a try now?