@font-face experience

C

chrismitchell

anyone here got some experience with making @font-face work in IE at all? its just not working for me at all :confused:

the website in question is Emas Medical Ltd | Developing Medicines and I just cant get the fonts to work for IE to change to HelveticaNeue, i've even made EOT files for them and it still isnt working. I can't seem to make it work.

Any help?

I'll check all the code again :p I did use the Font Squirrel thing... Its just not wanting to know :( booo

:) best of luck, if no joy by 5ish I'll take a look through it later, see if I can see what's up...

Er, you realise there's no such thing as a h7/h8, Chris? And the site's all a bit broken.

Plus Helvetica isn't licensed for @font-face embedding.

seems to all be working a little bit better now.. I got rid of h7 and h8 now :) I noticed that myself :lol: been a bit dopy with this one has to be said..

C'mon, that's a little worse than dopey ;)
Plus you've now put <p>s inside <a>s which you can't do, block level not allowed inside inline… this is basics ;)
59 errors!

And you're not allowed to use Helvetica with @font-face. You can't use it.

well yes it is.. been a bit stressed getting this one to work to tell the truth.. and they really want helveticaneue as the font for it too... hmmm

seem to have knocked down the number of errors now to 18 :)

Yeah but that's by using the font tag which is even worse than incorrectly nesting <a>s and <p>s :S

Span would work fine. Maybe use strong and span:

HTML:
<strong>Medical <span>affairs</span></strong>

seems to be ok on the Markup now :) i'm sure i'll be half as good as you at some point in the far future Harry :)

You're best off using a strong in there rather than two spans, strong has more weight than span, which is just a generic inline element. Also, set the span's css to display:block; then remove the <br />.

It's not a case of being as good as anyone else, these are just basics unfortunately :(

yeah I'm still learning :) sooner or later i'll make one that everyone will be able to see without all these CSS / HTML / PHP problems :lol:

i'll have a looksee at the spans and strong situation :)

...............XD wow P2P tutoring huh? Lucky....

So would either of you no when to and when not to embed fonts - It was something I came across a few years back but never explored. However since Internet speeds are rising - maybe it is worth a try now?

Back