Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finished my portfolio and Now for my Parent Company Logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Magma, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Magma

Magma Member

Hey guys/girls,

I have recently finished my protfolio (link in signiture) and now I have designed a logo for my Parent Company - Magma

Here it is:

Also a minuture logo is used for my display picture

So what do you think?? any comments, compliments or critique are welcome!
  2. Becky

Becky Member

Is it a vector?

I only ask because the first M looks very clean and crisp, whereas the agma look a bit off, almost vexel/pixelated.

They also seem a bit like they were slapped on as an after thought. Whereas the capital M is very stylised, they just don't seem to sit right. I love the capital M though :D

No offense, just what I got from my first glance :)
  3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I like the M on it's own. Nice work.
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I've got an issue with the flames, magma technically doesn't have flames as it's a superheated liquid (melted rocks etc) and any flames that are seen are usually due to things burning on contact.

I know why you've used them but that would just bug the hell out of me
  5. Tony

Tony Member

Becky makes an interesting point, does the 'agma' have a slight emboss?

Lol @ Levi.
  6. Becky

Becky Member

Might be a slight inner shadow. On a better monitor now, sort of looks that way. Either way something appears a little 'off'. Or it's just my crappy eyesight :)
  7. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I was just going to say that...thanks Levi.
  8. Magma

Magma Member

Thanks for the opinions people

I prefer the M on its own two! As for the flames, I just can't see this M melting or something, so you'll just have to be bugged by it haha.

As for whats on the "agma" there's a stroke thats just a little darker than the background and maybe the M doesnt look as sharp as there is no Gradient background on the Magma version

Thanks to all anyway!
  9. berry

berry Active Member

What a pile of pretentious poo / Melting flames/ Magma Is this a 70's Yes concept album?.... Never put communication in front of design - BB Book of Life vol
  10. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

11. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Tell you what though, the more I look at that M, the more I look at the white and the red and see an M and a V.
    Anyone else see that?
  12. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I was thinking the same as Levi. Perhaps you shouldn't look at a melting M, but more of a boiling/bubbling M.

But either way it looks pretty good
  13. 13faces

13faces Member

magma books

Also, not sure if anyone would agree but the M looks like it has a V inside ... so reads to me, like MV...

*(just realised someone else mentioned it too)