Finished my portfolio and Now for my Parent Company Logo

Magma

Hey guys/girls,

I have recently finished my protfolio (link in signiture) and now I have designed a logo for my Parent Company - Magma

Here it is:

magma-logo.png

Also a minuture logo is used for my display picture

So what do you think?? any comments, compliments or critique are welcome!

Is it a vector?

I only ask because the first M looks very clean and crisp, whereas the agma look a bit off, almost vexel/pixelated.

They also seem a bit like they were slapped on as an after thought. Whereas the capital M is very stylised, they just don't seem to sit right. I love the capital M though :D

No offense, just what I got from my first glance :)

I've got an issue with the flames, magma technically doesn't have flames as it's a superheated liquid (melted rocks etc) and any flames that are seen are usually due to things burning on contact.

I know why you've used them but that would just bug the hell out of me

Tony said:
Becky makes an interesting point, does the 'agma' have a slight emboss?

Lol @ Levi.

Might be a slight inner shadow. On a better monitor now, sort of looks that way. Either way something appears a little 'off'. Or it's just my crappy eyesight :)

Levi said:
I've got an issue with the flames, magma technically doesn't have flames as it's a superheated liquid (melted rocks etc) and any flames that are seen are usually due to things burning on contact.

I was just going to say that...thanks Levi.

Thanks for the opinions people

I prefer the M on its own two! As for the flames, I just can't see this M melting or something, so you'll just have to be bugged by it haha.

As for whats on the "agma" there's a stroke thats just a little darker than the background and maybe the M doesnt look as sharp as there is no Gradient background on the Magma version

Thanks to all anyway!

What a pile of pretentious poo / Melting flames/ Magma Is this a 70's Yes concept album?.... Never put communication in front of design - BB Book of Life vol

Tell you what though, the more I look at that M, the more I look at the white and the red and see an M and a V.
Anyone else see that?

Levi said:

Magma said:
I prefer the M on its own two! As for the flames, I just can't see this M melting or something, so you'll just have to be bugged by it haha.
I was thinking the same as Levi. Perhaps you shouldn't look at a melting M, but more of a boiling/bubbling M.

But either way it looks pretty good

magma books

Also, not sure if anyone would agree but the M looks like it has a V inside ... so reads to me, like MV...

*(just realised someone else mentioned it too)

x

Back