Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding a website

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by frogger2779, Jul 18, 2009.

1. frogger2779

frogger2779 New Member

Hi all

I would really appreciate your answers to the following question..

If you were given a business card with a website address on it, to look at that website how would you go about it. would you ...
    A) Type in the website address on the business card in the address bar in your browser
    B) Use your home page search box such as tiscali, virgin media and type in the business name in the search box
    C) Use google as your home page and type in the google search box the name of the business then click on the link that appears in the search results.

A,B or C
    This would be of great help to me if lots of you would reply, also indicaing wether you are a comlete novice with computers or considered an expert.

Thanks
    frogger2779
    Just doing some personal market research, results/answers for my own interest.

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

My answer is A, if I had the website address then I would just type it in.

3. chris_17

chris_17 Member

C for me, use computers a lot, would like to think I know quite a bit about them :icon_wink:

4. zeb

zeb New Member

C for me. Chances are the business name would be shorter than the business name, so less typing!

5. OliverB

OliverB New Member

I would choose A. If you google it there may be similar names so might take a couple of clicks to reach your goal.

6. I would choose A. If I have the website address I would probably just type it straight in the address bar, I might then do some research about the company once I had looked at their website

7. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

A to make sure I was looking at the correct page.

8. LighthouseDM

LighthouseDM New Member

A for me. Unless we were looking at the optimisation of the site and then it would be B or C. So it may depend on why you were given the business card!

Lighthouse Design & Marketing

9. yogavenger

yogavenger New Member

If you know the URL then…

(A) as long as it's not the longest URL in the world :icon_biggrin:
    otherwise (C)

10. DougBarned

DougBarned Member

^ I'm with this guy :)

11. PrincipalDesign

PrincipalDesign New Member

It would be A for me, a google search would being anything and everything, I would rather to straight to the source...!

However, LighthouseDM makes a good point about your reason for looking.