• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Feedback Rikiki - Kids clothing brand

Athos

Hi guy's,

today I'm here with a new logo project : Rikiki

Rikiki is a new fictive (for the moment)eco-responsible kids clothing brand. More and more I have a big interest for serigraphy so the idea comes naturally. What do you think about it?

rikiki_logo.png

hankscorpio

Staff member
I think for serigraphing you're going to have 5 colours to print here, black, yellow, pink, green and gray. Which would add to your printing costs.

It's a nice design, but the colours need to be simplified for serigraphing.

Athos

As I said, more and more I have a big interest for serigraphy but I'm still a noob, lack of knowledge. Can you tell me more about pricing around serigraphy? How it's work exactly? In my situation, what's the other solutions?

thanks Hank!

hankscorpio

Staff member
I worked as a screenprinter for 2.5 years.

You'd need to create a separate image for each colour to be printed. Each colour is applied separately using a different screen for each part of the image that's colour differently.

The only other way is to do it with CMYK using a 'helicopter press' (or it's lesser known name a 4 colour 4 station silkscreen press).

But you'd still need to separate the image into 4 parts, and make 4 silkscreens for each part.

Are there any silkscreen printers in your area? It would benefit to arrange a meeting with them.

Athos

Thanks again Hank!

I make a research and I find 3 printers around me. Actually I'm working on my kids illustration this is the first one ;)

Untitled-1.png
I keep in mind that each colour is separately using ;)

Athos

hi guy's! I finally find a screen printing course for this summer at Montréal! I'm so excited!

By the way, I'm still working on my little kids illustrations ans this is the next one ;)

Baby1.png

scotty

I worked as a screenprinter for 2.5 years.

You'd need to create a separate image for each colour to be printed. Each colour is applied separately using a different screen for each part of the image that's colour differently.

The only other way is to do it with CMYK using a 'helicopter press' (or it's lesser known name a 4 colour 4 station silkscreen press).

But you'd still need to separate the image into 4 parts, and make 4 silkscreens for each part.

Are there any silkscreen printers in your area? It would benefit to arrange a meeting with them.

I used to work on one of those back in the day.
We used to call it a "carrousel" though.

@Athos. Digging the illustrations. :D

@GCarlD

@Hank, you did not just use Urban dictionary to find a definition for the word 'Digging' lmfao! :ROFLMAO:

No doubt it means something completely different in Yorkshire lol...

Athos

Please excuse Scotty, it is his Yorkshire slang. In translation, he means he thoroughly appreciates your illustrations. He really likes them!

So do I :)
AhAh! It's better :p In another hand I'm also here to practice my english, so thank you @scotty for using this kind of weird expressions! :p

But....Guy's...I guess that an english immersion class with scotty is not a good idea huh? :p