Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.eps query

Discussion in 'Adobe Forum:' started by Ben Ja Min, May 11, 2009.

1. Ben Ja Min

Ben Ja Min Member

Good evening everybody! Was wondering if anybody knew why an .eps file may appear rough round the edges when viewed in say microsoft word (its fine in photoshop etc). It works fine on my Mac but when on the PC it seems a bit uneasy on the eye yet still prints fine.

If anyone has a cure that would be marvelous

many thanks
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

How did you get Microsoft Word to open an eps file?
  3. Ben Ja Min

Ben Ja Min Member

Just a simple drag and drop :icon_biggrin: I take it you would just suggest to use just a .jpg?

Cheers boss
  4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Well you learn something new everyday.

Don't have a solution for you unfortunately as I didn't even know you could do that with an eps file. :icon_biggrin:
  5. designer01

designer01 Member

I think it's probably not so much a problem with the file but the settings on the PC are not set up to view high res files. Could well be the resolution of the monitor. If the eps is showing on the Mac fine then it's not the quality of the file.

VLAHAKISA Member

EPS and Word

You can easily get Word to take an EPS by using 'insert image'. I used to do it all the time.

Then I decided the on screen blurring was quite an irritation because it doesn't look good when viewed on the screen and so I started simply using a 300dpi JPEG or TIFF instead for when the design is put into a Word Doc. Then you get nice on the screen and also nice print as well.

I don't think there's a cure for on the on screen blurryness of an EPS is there?

Simply open the EPS vector master file and export a 300dpi jpeg or tiff instead is my remedy for you.

7. Ben Ja Min

Ben Ja Min Member

Cheers very much chaps! I thought a .jpg/tiff would be the way to go

Thanks again! :icon_smile: