Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dot or no dot?

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by km1978, Oct 20, 2010.

1. km1978

km1978 New Member

Hi there,

I'm an image consultant currently having a logo and website designed. My graphic designer has come up with a beautiful logo but I have one more decision to make before it can be refined and go to print.

My company is called imagePA. In the logo, we are using lower case for image and upper case for PA. To make image look more smooth, we have removed the dot from the 'i'. My concern (actually it's my father in law's concern, and he's a bit of a typography fan) is that it makes image less readable, or make it look like 1mage.

I would love to hear any comments or thoughts about this, as I need to make up my mind today.

Kevin

2. Esh

Esh Member

A bit hard to comment without seeing it. If you could say the font used then that would be a help!

3. km1978

km1978 New Member

The font used was similar to Garamond with the serif removed. It's curvy like garamond but made very sleek and modern

Thank you

imagePA

4. bogfrog

bogfrog New Member

go capital on the first letter i would say. :icon_smile:

5. km1978

km1978 New Member

Hi, thank you for your reply.

We tried capital, but it works much better when image is all the same size.

6. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I'd definately keep the dot; looks a bit odd without it and I can't honestly see a genuine design case for losing it.

7. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Keep the dot - without which confusion will occur as you become '1 mage PA'.

8. Esh

Esh Member

This ^^^

I'd keep the dot, or if you really want to lose the dot I'd change the font completely.

9. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Agree with above

10. km1978

km1978 New Member

Thank you everyone.... the dot is staying

Kevin

11. Neily

Neily Member

Have you tried using a sans serif font? Would remove the '1-ness' when the dot is removed and you'd be able to retain the lowercase i.

12. theumut

theumut New Member

Have you tried small caps?

13. dot design

dot design Member

Always a 100% Dot! :icon_biggrin:

Oh I see what your saying now

14. foxycraig

foxycraig New Member

I'd personally play around with the Kerning of the letters. They look a little disjointed.