Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dot Design - Winner of - ‘Design of the Week’

Discussion in 'Illustration Forum:' started by dot design, Jul 21, 2009.

1. dot design

dot design Member

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Congrats mate, well done! :icon_thumbup:
  3. dot design

dot design Member

cheers mate, its a small victory but you have to celebrate these things, don't ya :icon_biggrin:
  4. big fat slap-on-the-back there dude. Reminds me of many a saturday morning on first opening my eyes!
  5. sweetums

sweetums Member

Thats a pretty colourful image that plays on my mind even after I've stopped looking at it. Well done on winning
  6. dot design

dot design Member

7. NeedForBleed

NeedForBleed Member

Well played. I'm a fan of anything resembling vines and leaves etc. You seem to have combined a retro colour scheme with a sleak modern background. For some reason I feel obliged to eat it though.
  8. DougBarned

DougBarned Member

Excellent job, well done :)
  9. Cookie

Cookie Member

Fantastic, great visual. :icon_cheers:
  10. Great stuff :icon_thumbup: I really like it well done :icon_smile:

11. Soprano

Soprano Member

I remember seeing this piece a while ago, and have to say it's one of the first pieces of illustration I saw of this kind, and it was the piece that really struck and inspired me, and made me want to join in and create similar work.

Kudos to you.:icon_thumbup:
  12. DuncanGravill

DuncanGravill New Member

Love it. I'm a fan of Gustav Klimt's art so it's not supprising I like it but I really like colours you have used and the sensitivity you have used them with. the whole thing resonates!
  13. TimmyC

TimmyC Member

Well done mate!

Where abouts in Devon do you live... I used to live there myself for 8-9 years!
  14. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

It looks more influenced by Miro than Klimt to me. Very good though.
  15. dot design

dot design Member

Cheers Timmy, appreciated.:icon_thumbup:

I'm down in Totnes, between Exeter and Plymouth, where were you based?
  16. dot design

dot design Member

I'm not sure what directly influenced it, probably a variety of things stuck in my head plus abit of day dreaming too, :icon_biggrin:

thanks for the feedback Dave.
  17. Huddlestone

Huddlestone New Member

Well done :)
  18. Blue Eye

Blue Eye New Member

Superb. I like orange anyhow, but like was mentioned above, it stays in the mind.

Also, I have to say, I really like the post you made and showed all the handiwork that went into the piece - great stuff!