Domain Name Price Increase

for **** sake... it's not like they don't milk it already... I still can't figure out what exactly they do for their money per year other than stick us in a 'database'. Luckily I've only got one, maybe 2 as I'm still considering getting the .uk one.

I just love this comment from Nominet..
wired.co.uk article said:
The organisation, which is the official registry for all UK domain names, decided to hike the price of wholesale domains it sells to ensure it is able to "compete in a promotion-driven industry".
.... so why increase the price then... lower prices mean more people buy said item, it's basic retail knowledge.

Not impressed with the domain name price increase coming into effect in March!! I've got 60 to renew this year :mad:

Sixty sites is just being plain greedy.
You're a greedy, greedy Hog and should be ashamed of yourself. ;)

I don't see what they need to promote or compete with, they're the registrar, not like you can buy a .uk from anyone else! ...and that's the problem really and why they can do whatever they want.

They are supposed to be not-for-profit, I'd like to know what the extra 50% revenue is going to be spent on.

Last edited:
I don't see what they need to promote or compete with, they're the registrar, not like you can buy a .uk from anyone else! ...and that's the problem really and why they can do whatever they want.

They are supposed to be not-for-profit, I'd like to know what the extra 50% revenue is going to be spent on.

Whores, drugs and butt plugs!!

My registrar has offered to renew all my domains for up to 10 years at the old price but tbh, I'm not too fussed. I more than pass the cost onto my clients so I'll just soak this one up.

Back