Digiwedo - Creative Agency - Need a critical eye!

Defiance

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get some perspective and feedback on the website for my creative agency that I've recently set up. I don't want to say too much about the site as not to create any bias with the feedback I get. I really appreciate any time that you take to have a look at it.

There is a minor issue with the project pages, that being the side-bar that becomes fixed as you scroll - when you get to the bottom of the page, the Javascript doesn't seem to be calculating the height of the container properly.. You'll see what I mean.
  • Does it communicate? If so, what?
  • Is it visually appealing?
  • Is it easy to navigate?
More than happy to return the favour.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

sorry... couldn't get past the first page, that colour scheme was really bad on my eyes.

other than being short sighted/stigmatism I haven't got any issues with my eye sight. They are just a really bad combination that don't work together to encourage people to view your site.... a 'design agency' should at least know about colour theory etc.

Although the colour scheme may not be everyone's cup of tea it's certainly striking.
Maybe I'd have gone for another shade of green.
Something similar to the green in the Fresh Cut logo/site but that's just me.

I think it communicates what you do and what you're about very well and I felt it all naturally leads the viewer through the site.

other than being short sighted/stigmatism I haven't got any issues with my eye sight. They are just a really bad combination that don't work together to encourage people to view your site.... a 'design agency' should at least know about colour theory etc.

Perhaps we just have a different understanding of colour theory to you. I am open to your perspective, however it's not entirely constructive. Thanks for the opinion.

Although the colour scheme may not be everyone's cup of tea it's certainly striking.
Maybe I'd have gone for another shade of green.
Something similar to the green in the Fresh Cut logo/site but that's just me.

I think it communicates what you do and what you're about very well and I felt it all naturally leads the viewer through the site.

Thank you Scotty, I hear you on the shade of green, it's something I've been thinking about also.

I'm all for breaking rules as that's what moves design on.
I jut think that a different shade of green would make for a whole different feel.
Something a bit fresher?

When I landed on the site I was like "BOOM! Green".
Plus my maggot box was that colour when I was a kid and I think it left me mentally scarred. :(

I also think the colours need tweaking but other than that, nice clean and simple to use.

I'm all for breaking rules as that's what moves design on.
I jut think that a different shade of green would make for a whole different feel.
Something a bit fresher?

When I landed on the site I was like "BOOM! Green".
Plus my maggot box was that colour when I was a kid and I think it left me mentally scarred. :(

I'm playing with the colours now. Also re-configuring a few other elements.. Will post an update when done.

Thanks guys.

When I landed on the home page, and acknowledging that it may be that it reminded me of something in particular that I've seen, the colour scheme screamed 'recycling centre' which was confirmed momentarily by what (at a glance) looked like someone carrying an old TV to the dump. Apart from that (which, as I say, is probably entirely down to my own psychology) and the slightly awkward-looking animation further down the page/sometimes tricky mix of centred and left-aligned stuff on the same page, it looks fine.

Perhaps we just have a different understanding of colour theory to you. I am open to your perspective, however it's not entirely constructive. Thanks for the opinion.
How is it not constructive... I told you the colour combination is not encouraging people to stay on your site....

As to colour theory (ok maybe I should have expanded and used colour psychology as well), there is more to it than just colours that sit at opposite sides or next to each other on the colour wheel, which is all you've basically considered on your design. Different colours cause different emotions which in turn make people want to do different things, a bad colour combination can have a negative impact on the user. It's why certain colours are or are not used in certain rooms/shops, example you often see red accents in restaurants because it encourages people to eat while grey isn't very common because it has the opposite feel.

How is it not constructive... I told you the colour combination is not encouraging people to stay on your site....

As to colour theory (ok maybe I should have expanded and used colour psychology as well), there is more to it than just colours that sit at opposite sides or next to each other on the colour wheel, which is all you've basically considered on your design. Different colours cause different emotions which in turn make people want to do different things, a bad colour combination can have a negative impact on the user. It's why certain colours are or are not used in certain rooms/shops, example you often see red accents in restaurants because it encourages people to eat while grey isn't very common because it has the opposite feel.

Oh @Levi

You do have a habit of shooting from the hip. :rolleyes:

Oh @Levi

You do have a habit of shooting from the hip. :rolleyes:

He's lucky that I don't have my rocket launcher with me...

what... the op has 3 'questions' regarding the site and one of them is 'is it visually appealing'.... it's not and I'm sorry but there's no getting round that

I've tweaked the colour scheme slightly. Have a look now.

I don't disagree with you - because disagreeing with an opinion would be pointless - it's a truth, from your perspective. As is this from mine..

Anyway, I won't get too philosophical.

It seems like you have missed the entire purpose / meaning that's been woven into the website. But that's cool, as you're clearly not a part of our target audience - which isn't a jibe at you. Not everyone is going to like it, but I'd be interested to know more about why you don't and what you would change.

We chose brown and green as they relate with our key words and philosophy. Sustainability, organic, natural, ethical, green, positive, growth, earth. We're looking to work with people who share those interests and ideas. Hence having the big intense intro on the landing page so that we can immediately separate the wheat from the chaff. It's still very much under development as we haven't had the time, with setting everything else up.

• How did it make you feel, specifically; was it immediate, was it the green on the brown, the brown, the green? Were the little people too threatening?

@Defiance

I can see how this colour combination could work well in print however I am not digging the colours online. I like the green that you have on the site now but the way it views on a bright backlit LED Monitor seen to clash with the #412727 brown

Are these colour in your branding?

I don't mind the colour scheme to be honest, I get the feel your going for so it makes sense. A couple of things I'd change;

• "We help sustainable and ethical businesses to create visual rhythms that engage and communicate."
Marketing fluff that doesn't really tell me what you do. What is a 'visual rhythm?' I'd perhaps think about moving up your services or rewording this to tell clients what it is you actually do straight away.

• Do you love what you do? Then what are you waiting for
This feels to me like it's leading into a direct call to action or something, but instead leads into a section about your services. It's just a niggle really, but it just feels a little out of place/premature from my thinking. Moving/removing it may help with my point above. Also, it needs a question mark at the end.

• Your projects load very slowly for me.
Could just be my connection but it took an age to completely load some of the thumbnails.

• Mobile number only on the contact page
This is a great way to undo everything you've just done to encourage a client to convert. It's not a great impression and doesn't indicate professionalism. If you need a cheap landline number look at a virtual number. I have a number from voipfone that I basically pay ~£2 a month line-rental for. Calls are pay-as-you-go, so if you just use it for incoming calls it's basically £2 a month for a landline number. You can set it to divert to a mobile number if you don't have a voip phone (I got a second hand one for a tenner) but you'll pay about 10p a minute for that.

The colors remind me of Godaddy... sort of... But what you have to take care of...
A robots.txt file is not available on your website. Create a valid robots.txt file with instructions for the search engine bots. Your SSL certificate is invalid/untrusted - please make sure that your SSL certificate is installed correctly, hasn't expired yet and is issued by a trusted certificate authority. You can get a SSL certificate for $10/year if you don't process credit cards. Also, empty meta description on packages page and to long meta description on projects/avalon-acupuncture.
Lastly, 3 pages with Frames:
# Page Title
1 http://digiwedo.agency/contact Digiwedo - Discover How We Can Transform Your Business
2 http://digiwedo.agency/projects/natural-treats Digiwedo / Creative Agency / Projects - Natural Treats
3 http://digiwedo.agency/projects/shmuelis-artwork Digiwedo / Creative Agency / Projects - Shmueli's Artwork

It's a nice looking site. I actually like the tagline too and the whole 'organic' theme.

Links to Photography, Copywriting and Video don;t lead anywhere. Plus I would have 'Who we are' as 'Who We Are'

Agree with above about needing a landline number.

What made you go with a .agency domain?

Back