'definitive' list of things designers "should" (if they could) own

If i could own it, I would like all my mistakes back please, and make it into an Application.

tim said:
baahaaaha. rumours rumours rumours.

No September (9th is likely) is nearly here, Apple updates ipods in September every year, they have done for the last 4-5 years :rolleyes:

No September (9th is likely) is nearly here, Apple updates ipods in September every year, they have done for the last 4-5 years

doesnt mean they'll do it this year. :rolleyes:

this is apple, this is the ipod, there will be updates, its one of their little cash cows and its released just before the back to school season starts in the US.

I suspect the 8gig model will drop in price or be removed and replaced by the 16gig model, either of which is good in my view :)
And I suspect the gpu/cpu will be upgraded to match the iPhone, couldn't care less if there's a camera or not as rumoured, but wouldn't mind gps :).

this is what rumours do.

remember the 3GS rumours?

"matt back, with a 5 mp camera + flash, LED screen, anti-glare available, 64GB HD, apple logo on back that lights up."

apple update, yes, but they dont necessarily produce at a particular time. and if they do then chances are it'll be something you dont expect.

i'm not saying yes or no, as apple are top secret so why would i know, but im just saying it's all rumours until they do release anything new.

this is apple, this is the ipod, there will be updates, its one of their little cash cows

i wouldnt call it a cash cow myself, but whatever.

yeah, this is apple, but that doesnt mean they've set september as a release date for anything.

yeah but these updates would be fairly predictable anyways plus I take it you haven't seen the buyers guide on macrumors.com :p.

iPhone and iPod Touch use near enough the same hardware, the iPhone has just been upgraded with a better gpu and the touch is being marketed as a gaming machine, so it will be upgraded too.

The Zune in the US has got pre release prices (out in September) which are considerably cheaper than the iPod Touch is now meaning at the very least there will be a price cut or their usual double the capacity at the same price approach.

As I said this is Apple and the iPod, they've got to the point where there isn't alot else they can do to encourage new purchases.

macrumors.com

where the iphone rumours began.

As I said this is Apple and the iPod, they've got to the point where there isn't alot else they can do to encourage new purchases.

you'd be surprised.

you're saying this as fact, but you're agreeing you look at a rumours site.

The google OS started as a rumour, most of the features of the ps3 started as rumours, I imagine hundreds of features of the Iphone were rumours before its release.

Just because its a rumour doesnt mean it wont happen. Educated rumours are all we have to go on before a release statement

I would like a Berry app, however I very much doubt I would ever turn it on for fear of it scolding me for my poor choice of typography...

I would personally kill for a desk with a lightbbox, a new tracing paper pad, some more layout paper, ink for my pens and a wacom intuos 4 a3 or a cintique

The app obviously would have the best typography in the world, but upon seeing it your eyes would melt.

I just did a blog post about the equipment/tools I use, the question is: Can you still call yourself a designer without most of them?

Back