Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Critique My Ad Concept, Please

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Caleson, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Caleson

Caleson New Member

2. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

I didn't get it instantly, flower is a bit too abstract, needs petals? As far as the general gist of it goes, it might be worth trying to come up with some more ideas that have a bit more shout, the illustration route is nice but the contrast of that with a more hard hitting idea might work better?

3. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Actually, the petals aren't right, making the megaphone more obvious would be better…bit slow this morning ;-)

4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

The megaphone is quite a nice idea, but the overall message seems quite passive. You have this megaphone, a device often used to rally crowds, and a bee's stinger, a weapon of sorts, but the message of the poster is "Help save the bees." It's almost as though the poster theme is revolution and pro-action but the copy doesn't support that. I'd swap out the 'Help' message for something that has more impact and power, for example a reason why we need to help the bees, or what happens if we don't.

Overall I think there needs to be a little more context in the form of some copy explaining the predicament.

5. Caleson

Caleson New Member

Thanks for the feedback, guys. This one does run into a number of issues, as you've mentioned. I'm trying to develop something fresh for my portfolio in my down time/job hunt, but unless you see some potential in this one, I don't think it'll make the cut. I have some more designs to show here that I'd be grateful for feedback on though. Again, thanks for the comments.