Critique My Ad Concept, Please

I didn't get it instantly, flower is a bit too abstract, needs petals? As far as the general gist of it goes, it might be worth trying to come up with some more ideas that have a bit more shout, the illustration route is nice but the contrast of that with a more hard hitting idea might work better?

I didn't get it instantly, flower is a bit too abstract, needs petals? As far as the general gist of it goes, it might be worth trying to come up with some more ideas that have a bit more shout, the illustration route is nice but the contrast of that with a more hard hitting idea might work better?

Actually, the petals aren't right, making the megaphone more obvious would be better…bit slow this morning ;-)

The megaphone is quite a nice idea, but the overall message seems quite passive. You have this megaphone, a device often used to rally crowds, and a bee's stinger, a weapon of sorts, but the message of the poster is "Help save the bees." It's almost as though the poster theme is revolution and pro-action but the copy doesn't support that. I'd swap out the 'Help' message for something that has more impact and power, for example a reason why we need to help the bees, or what happens if we don't.

Overall I think there needs to be a little more context in the form of some copy explaining the predicament.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. This one does run into a number of issues, as you've mentioned. I'm trying to develop something fresh for my portfolio in my down time/job hunt, but unless you see some potential in this one, I don't think it'll make the cut. I have some more designs to show here that I'd be grateful for feedback on though. Again, thanks for the comments.

Back