Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

contact forms & captcha?

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by bigdave, Apr 29, 2013.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I've a client who's site I'm currently working on. We made a temporary site with WP to give him a presence whilst we're building the main site but he's contacted me with a bit of an odd request regarding his contact form.

In the 3 weeks the temporary site's been online, he's had a fair amount of spam coming through. He wants to stop this on the new site but doesn't want potential customers to be put off by by a captcha which can be difficult to read especially for older people (his words not mine). Is there a suitable halfway house?

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

I think you can set Captcha up to make it slightly easier to read, or at least you can with other similar ones. Failing that, how about a hidden field in the form that only bots would fill in, if it is filled which it would be by a bot then it cannot be sent.

Not tried this but this is what I mean > http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/zigtrap/

3. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for that boss, I'll look at implementing it on his temporary site but the new site is being built with ModX. I guess there will be something similar within ModX wont there?..

4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Not sure mate, bound to be something similar...

bigdave likes this.
  5. thingstodo

thingstodo Member

Yes it's possible in modx to use techniques other than captcha. Look at extras Formit or SPForm.

bigdave likes this.