• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Complete noobie very confused! CSS

br3n

Its about time I actually learned something useful so I've decided to try and build a concept design ive had for ages... however the navigation images ive created have disappeared and Im not really sure what i've done.

html and css will both be very messy I warn you!

Horizontal menu

Help!?!! :D

also it was scrolling before, now its not? oh dear haha!

br3n

Ah hah! my laziness was the problem, used photoshop to slice and generate html, forgot that the images would be in 2 further folders.... problem of them not displaying solved now just ogtta get them in the right place.

br3n

Ok new problem...

whats causing the spacing/padding between the _nav images ? also whats stopping it aligning left?

br3n

well one of the probs sorted... where do you suggest I add margin:0px?

would this work?

#navigation li, ul {
color: white;
list-style-type: none;
padding:0px;
margin-left:0px;
margin-right:0px;

}

Greg

Hi Brendan,

I'd apply the image (nav_/images/navigation_01.jpg) as a background image to your #nav_container. Then set the #navigation li to the height of the nav images, so height:34px.

Something like this (I think):

Code:
#navigation li {    color: white;    height: 34px;    list-style-type: none;    margin: 0;    padding: 0;#nav_container {    float: left;    background: url("../nav_/images/navigation_01.jpg") no-repeat left top;     height: 675px;    left: 0;    margin: 0;    padding: 0;    position: absolute;    top: 0;    width: 255px;}
Sorry if that's no good - it's been a while since I've coded anything myself!
Greg